Open Queue mode is now live in Competitive Play

Thanks for zero reset. Sweat my shirt onto the floor to win every placement. Ah yep still fighting smurfs at 700sr. At least the queues are fast this time.

finally

10 characters

People only played that cause they got tilted from 10+ min DPS queues.

What’s the point? No one uses that anyway.

And I again have to ask: I you can make a whole new sub-menu for a mode, why isn’t there an unranked mode? The kind Heroes of the Storm has - play by comp rules, but with no ranks. That’d be way better “training” than QP because you’d actually play best of 3 instead of one round on attack.

Add this mode and old QP as the default QP. Or even better, add a sub-menu for QP with one version with no role queue and ther other with no limits (actual classic QP).

2 Likes

Quadruple shield! Here. We. COME.

1 Like

Big deal. This is a band-aid on the fundamental problem that few people want to play support and even less want to play tank. Michael Heiberg, principal game designer on Overwatch, what are you doing to fix the real problem?

1 Like

Why add this garbage game mode back into the game. its bad enough you ruin this game already now i need to play an additional 5 matches every few months? i get frustrated just doing the 15 placements matches just to never log back till the next season and now you want us to do 5 more? 3 different SRs??? open que which sucked the life out of comp all the years it was the standard and you want to bring it back? its not even fun because its not even original REAL goats… I have so little respect for this blizzard you guys do nothing to improve your games you dont care, the lack of effort. not the company i once loved , you guys only care about money and E sports, you could care less about the integrity and quality of your games. 20-30 years later and you want to make a new diablo just to cash in on all the fans you disappointed. you know us idiots will support you also till you finally drive the cold blade into our backs for the last time and give it a good twist.

this will probably be my first season i wont do placements. none of my friends play this game anymore and 5 more extra games solo que… i dont even wanna be bothered, the games is not even fun anymore you added and ruined all these heros.

sticks up middle finger

Bye Felicia.

/10char

1 Like

This dev team is such a mess . Holy.

Your argument is dumb. No one was making you do the 15 in the first place.

Open queue was Overwatch classic competitive mode and how I began my comp since SEASON 1. 2/2/2 should have been the extra mode from the start and classic comp should have never been removed from the start. Now that classic comp is back I can say fk 2/2/2 and enjoy playing CLASSIC COMPETITIVE Overwatch once again. I was so sick of not being able to fill in roles when the team needed people to make swap on roles when it was needed, forced 2/2/2 was the worse gameplay experience ever especially when you get people queuing up for roles they DON’T SPECIALIZE IN.

2 Likes

Open queue is great. It’s nice to load up a map and sort of pick a hero based on the map and let your team fill out the roles. It’s a type of strategy that is different from role queue, where you are guaranteed to have two tanks but it doesn’t mean they know what they’re doing. It’s also liberating to break your comp in gold/plat games by going a different role to deal with the Pharah because dps can’t and D.va is locked by your other tank. It really does feel like old-school Overwatch and this game was the reason I switched from Xbox to PC and been playing it for a year and a half ever since. Yes you sometimes still have the 5-stack who will try to bully you into playing GOATS so you have to play politics in order to rank up but I greatly have been enjoying the open queue format. It was a bummer to queue for dps and get a map where you are really great with tank or support but you can’t play it.

What I think is one of the worst ideas I’ve read in a while, sorry (Mystery heroes is second worst mode behind Total Mayhem). I would never play comp again if it was forcibly changed to this…

Followed by one of the worst posts I’ve read in a while for a whole bunch of reasons. Please stop, you’re making the community look poor here by association.

You do know that they have both open queue and role queue now. Plus, they have all sorts of competitive arcade modes now.

You wouldn’t have to play it. It gives us more options, and since MH is NA’s most popular mode, Blizzard would be fools not to create both Comp MH and Comp 2-2-2 Mystery Roles/Heroes. It will come to pass.

1 Like

Who cares. Its a game people play to have fun. I appreciate the addition of this legacy mode. A bunch of my friends are surprised and are now thinking of coming back.

1 Like

Uhh, yes. What’s that got to with anything?

You didn’t say there would be a new niche mode hidden in arcade, it was proposed as changing current competitive to 222 Mystery Heroes and Open Q Mystery Heroes and changing how SR was awarded if people switched heroes manually. Big difference.

This isn’t true. If you think it is show us the evidence.

Mystery Heroes is one of the lowest skil, least coordinated and luck reliant/based modes in the game. It’s not competitive by it’s nature which is why we haven’t seen a temporary ranked version yet (we may do at some point) unlike many other arcade modes.

I wouldn’t oppose a temporary ranked Mystery Heroes in arcade but proposing changes to competitive based on it is a truly awful idea. Blizzard are anything but fools, do you really have to use that kind of rhetoric?

Think about the words you use. That’s why I said:

I shouldn’t have to. Figure it out for yourself. I never said “change” or a similar word. You assumed.

Jeff said Mystery Heroes is OW’s most popular mode. You can tell from the queue time.

To win in MH, more luck is needed – and way more skill since you need to know how to play all the heroes well. The SR system would rate people based on win-rates across all heroes. There is a greater gap between players when you consider win-rates among all the heroes.

I know. That’s why it will come to pass.

1 Like

Its coming up 5am here so thinking and communicating well may not be a strong point of mine right now. ;
:stuck_out_tongue:

So you’re admittedly posting off topic stuff if this doesn’t relate to the competitive tab or it’s modes? I would suggest being clearer in your propositions and purpose.

Link and context please.

No, you really don’t need more skill. Mystery Heroes will throw up impossible situations too, all things and players being even. Flexing in open queue is what it sounds like you should be doing if you think you have the chops to swing games by switching heroes and roles to counter/outplay enemies, etc. If Mystery Heroes is the highest skill mode of overwatch we would definitely see it as the default at a professional level, including OWL and elsewhere.

It’s cool that you’re a fan of that mode but I don’t think it’s really appropriate or relevant to the discussion here as per your own admission and the anti-competitive and luck based nature of Mystery Heroes.

Have a good night/morning.

Nope, it belongs in the competitive tab. It could be added in like open queue or the competitive arcade modes.

Nvm, I rewatched the Competitive Open Queue video, and I had my own misinterpretation. However, it’s obviously the most popular arcade mode. That’s one of the reasons it’s always there and why you can practically always get an instant queue for a MH game. I wouldn’t doubt it’s the game’s most popular mode. The way Jeff mentions it, it may or may not be the whole game’s most popular mode.

You do need more skills. You can’t get away with only being able to play a handful of heroes in MH. You have to know how to play them all to do well to have a higher chance of winning. The better you are at each, the higher chances of winning you have.

Even seemingly impossible situations can be overcome in MH with enough teamwork, skills, sportsmanship, and callouts. This is because if the other team lacks anywhere, you can pick a hole in their defense or offense.

That’s what I do, but MH is more fun. I love the variety and randomness. I am not even close to being alone with this opinion.

No, people like you see the luck and randomness but don’t see how many skills are involved. People like you have won, so far; but, a new wave is coming.

That’s not what I said. Re-read what I said. It is appropriate. If they are going to add Competitive Open Queue to the Comp tab, why not Comp MH? They could add it there or to arcade; I’d prefer it added to the Comp tab.

You too, and I hope I convinced you of my side because the more naysayers I can convince, the sooner it will come to pass.

1 Like