Only two legendary skins?

Not true. Back in 2017 it felt like we were going somewhere big.

2 Likes

ill believe it when i see it

sounds an awful lot like the word “soon”… we all know what blizzard soon means

10 Likes

I completely agree with what you’re saying.

However, will all due respect, the state of the game is exceptionally poor right now and each patch is at least in the minds of many players, making it worse.

I fully appreciate that Blizzard have had an extraordinarily difficult year and there is huge ongoing change. That said, the devs need to reflect on why players are so fed up with the way the game is being developed. The balance is atrocious, the meta completely stagnant and the patches make it worse. There is new zero content. There is little to no detailed communication - Why do we not have a roadmap for OW2 development? Even without dates and a no guarantees notice!

No group will ever withhold their frustrations forever. Eventually, people lose their patience. The more time goes on the worse it will get. I do feel for you Andy, you do the best job of anyone who has even attempted to engage with the community by quite a significant margin. Right now you’re defending the indefensible though. The unfortunate truth is that the players expect better from Blizzard and no amount of PR will help stop them becoming increasingly tired of the never ending disappointment.

24 Likes

I disagree…

The first year was great…

Past that though.

I blame OWL.

3 Likes

These community devs have explained and talked about it in previous threads though

Archives was probably the peak of the game content wise.

6 Likes

What may have been better is to just give us pink mercy skin scanned our machines and sent us old weekly and holiday skins we never received. Called it tiger bundle.

2 Likes

Having skins come back would do a lot in the ways of getting a bit of positive interactions with the game.

3 Likes

Different story when that person/company has a history of disrespecting you. Then all bets are off.

1 Like

This is honestly just a new low for the community. Insulting and threatening to quit just because there are only 2 legendary skins because people feel entitled to more.

Pathetic

3 Likes

I’m just disappointed it was skins for two heroes who already had legendary lunar skins. I mean if they’re only making two, why not for characters that don’t have any yet?

3 Likes

Thats not about the skins. Its frustration stockpiling over and over.

7 Likes

And so what, the final straw was… skins? Really? Like, c’mon, I know the game hasn’t seen much content in awhile but insulting and threatening to quit over this is rediculous

OW2 in 2022 confirmed? :open_mouth:

The game is on life support since Echo release. Skins was the only thing really looking forward to if youre into that and now they are cutting them too.

14 Likes

This just proves that Blizzard still doesn’t understand players at all. A roadmap solves so many of your problems. The one thing you guys refuse to do.

"Hey guys, we are really excited for a great year of Overwatch in 2022. We know everyone is eagerly awaiting information on Overwatch 2, and we can’t wait to share what we’ve been working on.

While our current plans are always subject to change, we’d like to share a rough timeline of what you can expect for the next few months. As some of you may already know, the next season of the Overwatch League is set to begin at the end of April. Beginning in [whenever], you can expect a LOT of new, exciting reveals for the future of Overwatch and Overwatch 2.

As we begin this new phase of the game, the regular schedule of seasonal events will unfortunately be slightly disrupted. You can still expect special modes and seasonal content, including some amazing Legendary skins – though not as many as previous years. We’re sorry for any players that may find these next few seasonal events a bit content-light. However, we can promise that in 2022, Overwatch will be receiving more Legendary Skins, more mind-blowing updates, and yes, more MAJOR content than it has in any previous year.

We can’t wait to show you what we have planned. The wait is almost over."

Something like that, dress it up however you want. That’s literally all you need to do. A tentative roadmap. You guys make this so much harder on yourselves because you refuse to do the one thing that would calm players and set us at ease (somewhat). Currently, we have no idea what to expect, ever. Every day is a lottery day, and every day for 2 years we have lost.

17 Likes

Your name is SoCrates. You should have wisdom to figure out that this game is surviving on Life support. The only content we get is getting cut into pieces now. How do you think that makes the community feel? Good or bad.

10 Likes

Yeah, I find the reasoning baffling and counterproductive. Because disappointment will always be much much worse if your expectations were higher. Disappointment causes negative emotions which leads to harsher criticism. Seems pretty pointless to me to avoid those few hours of criticism while knowing it will blow up anyways and do so in a much worse state because, again, when expectations and reality don’t meet people will react more negatively. If expectations are lower, people also tend to be much more forgiving. So why the heck would you build up excitement while knowing it’s basically false and will result in disappointment. That’s like asking for trouble. Only makes sure the rest of those who have any good faith left will also lose it and, dear Blizzard, you’ve already botched the good faith of the players and can’t afford to lose anymore.

3 Likes

“Cutting them too”

Name has nothing to do with it unless we want to bring up that you’re avoiding a ban using an alt

AndyB just said that they are planning on bringing more skins this year than any year before. The content isn’t getting cut and removed entirely.

Per one of the blue posts above, it seems the problem is that any ‘announcement’ (and by that, it seems to mean any sort of announcement, even one like your example) needs to be cleared by multiple levels of management - maybe even as high as Kotick himself.

That seems kinda crazy to me - you would think that at least Aaron (and if not him, then Ybarra) would have some level of discretion here, but it seems they do not.

Team 4 play games. I’m sure they know exactly what we want. You can’t just go externally releasing information when you work for a large company, though.

1 Like