Only Getting Asian Server

I usually play on the European server, but since the cross-play update, i have only been getting connected to the Asian server. Even though I specify American or European servers I only get Asian servers. How do I fix this?

5 Likes

Hey this isn’t a bug this was was intended with the new BattleNet global play update. If you want to learn more about it there is a post that the Community Manager Josh Nash has put up regarding that to clear up any kind of confusion. If you want to change the servers you will have no choice but to use a VPN.

And where can I inform that I do not like the automatic selection of the region, I did not ask that I would be imposed on the “best” match with a good ping. I don’t get this, I get a 15 minute queue for all roles, and a complete lack of interaction with Asian players. It turns out Blizzard is forcing me to put VPN in the game that I bought for money to play the same way as I played before the unnecessary update?

4 Likes

From what I know it mainly has to do something with the implementation of cross-play since console players do not have the ability to change their regions at all since day one.

Hey there i consider this as an issue:

• getting a high ping,
  • not being able to communicate with team (i appreciate all players, but i understand that asian player want to communicate with person understanding them, me its teh same, i can english/franch/german/spanish, but I know no asian language)
    The worse part of this is that yous start a game knowing nothing will go good…

I’ve been playing all day, and all of a sudden now this evening I’m only getting Asian servers where everybody but myself has a Korean name. This is terrible, I can’t even communicate with anyone…

1 Like