Only FPS drops with overwatch

Hi!

For some time now I’ve been experiencing major FPS drops with OW, and OW only.

When i’m not having issues i can play with a solid 140-160 FPS but then hell breaks loose and i fall flat to roughly 7-12 FPS which make me avoid competative since it would give my team a disadvantage.

my specs:

GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Ram: 8GB

My latency is on a solid 40-44

I’ve played other more hardware demanding games with no issues both single player and multiplayer.
Saw a thread mentioning having issues after Havanna patch but my issues has existed before that.

My drivers are up-to-date. But i think it’s wierd that OW is the only game I have FPS performance issues with. And the only game that i barely can play at all if google chrome is running at the same time.

Any suggestions? I’ve been lowering the graphics as well and just to be sure i checked if my system was able to run OW by checking on systemrequirementslab (AKA “Can you run it?”) and i passed both minimum and recommended…

1 Like

Is it this?

Nope, I have no Razer software at all, double checked just in case but nothing.

Make sure that correct GPU is being used in the nVidia Control Panel (you can set specific ones through the application menu on 3d settings).

Otherwise, you might be looking at an issue with the fullscreen experience (try windowed), and if not that, it might be time to check for overheating.

Let’s look at a DxDiag, and then also do the overheating check.

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the hash code (the random numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.