Only clowns think Widow isn't broken

Just because you’re not very good at her / aren’t encountering good Widows yet, doesn’t mean the character isn’t busted. We don’t balance around mediocrity / inability.

She can spam oneshots. Her position isn’t revealed until she has already killed, and she can confirm her next kill by the time a normal human reacts to their ally dying. Maps have mandatory objectives and sightlines.

Her recent nerf is a small step in the right direction.

Inb4 “you want to make widow useless for the majority of the playerbase???” to which I respond: I don’t care. You can become better at her.

76 Likes

Only clowns think her last nerfs actually did anything.

Literally the last nerfs were pretty much the definition of baby nerfs

84 Likes

Well, if they did something like this, then sniping would be less of a problem.

Throw in something like this, to drop those boosted headshots down too.

And if none of that works, just drop Widow down to 175hp.

ez

9 Likes

Well, I better get me a wig and silly nose.

5 Likes

Every sniper is broken in every shooter, that is the reality. Shields just made people play the wrong way and it brings consequences.
Genji was a viable counter for widow, but now hahaha deal with her…
:rofl:

Edit: Next time I am sure you can make a thread without calling people :clown_face:. Just try and you will see you can be respectful.

11 Likes

At least they are trying to nerf Widow now. Remember how painful was the Brig cycle? Now Brig is where it belongs. One can only hope WM won’t take years to balance too.

2 Likes

yea i know what you mean, in the right hands of a skilled player she is the ultimate dps’er. same goes the other way around if in the wrong hands shes the weakest

WHICH makes her a real hard hero to balance, now do i blame people wanting nerfs for her no but do you really want to break a character for your own reasons instead of trying to bring some counter play or fair balance?

i mean lets see what blizzard does and hopefully they dont break her which they do on occasion to other heroes

curious as to myself where this is gonna lead too and her being one of the heroes i play a lot so im kinda wondering here

Hanzo is not broken tbf

Maybe because he is projectile

2 Likes

Not really. Too squishy, not brawly enough, but still potentially able to shut down Dive without being an OffTank. Remove her stun and make her better as press W and hitting things.

1 Like

Yeah I think widow’s not broken how could you tell?

Prerty much this.

People got so used to the ez counters that dont even exist in other games, now that they’re trash (because “omg so unfun”) they have no clue how to properly play around sniping any more.

4 Likes

I like widow where she is cant we just round out all the good widow player and put them on a rocket ship and shoot them into space with no return ticket so i can enjoy her as she is?

I am casual trash anyway so i have no fear of being blasted into space :stuck_out_tongue:

Her nerf wasn’t a step in any impactful direction. She’s virtually the same in 95% of scenarios, it just makes her less toxic with spawn killing and on maps like Havana.

You’re right, she’s too inconspicuous on the map, and by the time a teammate yells sniper and anyone can even notice her, she has killed someone.

…which is why I keep saying put a glint on her scope like other games tend to have. Make it blatantly obvious where she is while she’s scoped in. If more people can easily identify where she is immediately, there would be a higher chance of both survival and focusing her immediately so she has to move or miss.

11 Likes

so like the big obvious smoke train wasn’t obvious enough?

Personally i think its a pitty the nerfed hammonds slam since he is less effective at assasinating widows now…

That’s not there until after she shoots and ends up killing someone.

2 Likes

Last time I checked her bullet doesn’t penetrate walls and shields

Oh wait I am a :clown_face:

2 Likes

yeah well only if she hit her target… and frankly widow dont always hit their targets…

Frankly its quite easy to unnerve a lot of widows by just targeting them a lot…

Unless they are as emotionally dead as she is in lore and just dont react to being dived… in that case i guess your screwed…

wish roadhog had some sort of fart trail so i knew where he was, i usually end up dying to him w/o knowing where he is. i see your point tho it sucks to die unawares but alot of heroes can do this not just widow. its the counter part where people or comp teams have trouble since you really do have to communicate to kill a really good widow

2 Likes

yeah maybe reinhardt should have one too for when he come charging lol… maybe have a giant blinking arrow on the ground indicating his charge like he is a raid boss or soemthing lol…

So people dont stand near cliff endges lol

yeah maybe reinhardt should have one too for when he come charging lol… maybe have a giant blinking arrow on the ground indicating his charge like he is a raid boss or soemthing lol…

So people dont stand near cliff edges lol

lots of thing that can one shot or combo one shoot people if the player is skilled enough to use it properly…