Only about 10% of players want Mercy to stay like this

Just out of curiousity, did you actual take the survey? Because they did give a lot of options and taken into account who mains what and do you play Mercy and all that. They even asked non-Mercy players and non-supports, tank players and asked who you main when you take the survey.

Also, literally everyone here is bias so theres nothing special nor new about that.

Its honestly the best they could do since, its one person in the internet, and not some multinational company running the survey. 2.7k peeps is impressive as is honestly for just 1 internet survey.

The best scenario would be if Jeff himself made the survey and perhaps we could see more data presented but, again, thats like seeing pigs fly.

Well that’s exactly the point. The best this person could do will never be relevant.

And I don’t mean that as a jab at the poster, it’s just not feasible.

I think it’s time we do what was needed to be done all along…

Mercy needs to be melee DPS… I’m talkin full staff fighting kit like the dude from Kung Fu Hustle. She can spin it to deflect projectiles, she can fly in for ground slams, and just crack skulls.

1 Like

We’re talking about the forums here. We are a loud minority of players. You can’t get an accurate measure of what the community wants here because we’re a bunch of screaming children.
Mercy isn’t going to be reworked.

Dude. 2700 participants on a survey for a game that has millions of active players are abysmal results.

There’s definitely not 40 million players, but let’s just be super generous and say there’s 5 million active players. That means only .054% of the Overwatch community took that survey. You really think that’s impressive?

2 Likes

But it still does tell about what non-Mercy players feel as well, because its always assumed that you complain about Mercy, because you main Mercy.

…and that’s an even smaller sample size. Mercy/support players made up like 90% of the survey, right?

For ONE person to accomplish out of millions of people on this forums, yes. Note they arent some mod nor are they a developer in charge of the game, but for a player to get this IS impressive especially since they alone have to handle all that data and verify them all.

It wouldnt be impressive if it was just 100 or 300 since thats a pretty low number pal.

I literally just gave you the math of only .054% of Overwatch players completed that survey, and you’re still going to say that’s impressive?

Ok.

That would be 0.054%, not 0.00054%.

Well if you can pull off a survey like that and accomplish higher numbers, be my guest.

what hero can pocket a widow-soldier-hanzo-mcree-pharah better than mercy?

2700 / 5,000,000 is .00054.

EDIT: MY BAD. Times that by 100, and yes, you get .054%. That’s still abysmal.

Correct, but 0.00054 is not 0.00054%.
0.5 = 50%
0.05 = 5%
0.005 =0.5%
…and so on.

Not trying to be contradictory, I just have some experience here lol. With the exception of Pharah I can pocket those others REALLY well on Moira. I cant heal as steadily, but I can help them eliminate threats which has about the same outcome. It’s nice to be able to fry the person trying to ambush our Widow :stuck_out_tongue:

I fixed it before you responded.

but moira cant damage boost or rez. so…

good mercys can be a huge issue still. they struggle to heal the tanks, but I’m a main tank player. if we have a mercy I play a little more conservative/map control if our main healer is mercy v ana. also, I play hamster or winston in that case. you can get in and out and still get healed, and when you do die, a good mercy can rez you behind the enemy team.

she is completely balanced. strong but not oppressive

You can’t get accurate results from one survey, especially if it’s only OW forum goers. It doesn’t matter how you look at it. And even more so since most every form of Mercy complaining happens here on the forums. It hardly ever happens anywhere else on the net. So that’s inevitably going to skew results a bit as well.

Even if everybody that’s logged into the forums at least once before was to participate in that survey, you would still not even have close to 1% of the OW-playerbase. And this would be the case even if you were to remove over 50% of all the unique accounts that have played OW at least once.

Right but she CAN do damage herself while healing. That’s what I mean, I have a lot of success with it for other reasons, not just boost and rez. And I’m a Mercy main so I know how great that is. I’m just saying don’t rule Moira out as a good pocket just because she isnt 100% support. What other things she does are every bit as helpful.

And know the % grandmaster players (who apparently have more say than everyone else combined) comprise the playerbase population ???

I mean pot meet kettle. 1% is 1%.