Onedrive broke my Overwatch

I just enabled Onedrive and now my Overwatch is unplayable. I played a few hours and it was fine, then loaded it up just now and my video and sound settings have all been reset, so ive tried to redo them as best as i can, but my fps is 30 less than it was, and my ping is 200+ in my own region (normally 144fps and 30 ping constant)

Also within my settings folder, i have 2 settings.ini’s with on just being settings ini and one being my user, Settings Ahridan.ini, which had a green check mar, while the settings ini was syncing. I dont know much about Onedrive other than it storing files and settings to the cloud for me to access anywhere, but has would it syncing my files have really impacted my game to the point of being unplayable? and how can i remedy this?

Hey Ahridan,

These steps may help with the OneDrive settings.

However, it may be unrelated to the issues with FPS and ping. If possible, please reply with a DxDiag:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Paste the DxDiag contents between three ~~~, it will look like so:
DxDiag Here

A WinMTR test may also help.

1. Download WinMTR from here
  2. Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
  3. Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
  4. Run the WinMTR.exe
  5. Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
    Network Graph
    note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 12.34.56.78:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 12.34.56.78
  6. Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
  7. Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
  8. Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between: ~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~

It’s a game build issue.

1 Like