One Tricks rudeness

If you’re better than the other players, it doesn’t matter who you pick.

Yeah bud…guess how well that answer turns out in practice.

The other thing about one tricks? They’re rarely even good enough at their singilar hero fixation to even justify only playing that hero no matter what comp the enemy has.

Pretty well for the one-trick. Not so great for their teams who get tilted and proceed to lose the game because they lack the maturity to accept things they dislike.

Not all differences are good :wink: Honestly, you need to learn to play at least 2 characters per role, because there is a good chance someone will want the same thing and get it first.

1 Like

If i had 2 SR for every One trick that wasnt even good at the hero they insited on singilarly running I’d be low masters. Thats such a faulty argument.

If the one trick is actually doing something, nobodies going to say anything but if they’re hyper feeding and not even on the kill feed after 2 pushes (and yes the team is trying to work with them, in case you were going to pull that straw argument next) its kind of expected to see some change ups.

And if they dont? Gg or the remaining 5 need to ultra instinct to make up for the 1 tricks extra weight.

2 Likes

Maybe you should stop worrying about others and concentrate on your own game? You moaning about otp in game probably tilts everyone

I mean, this is just false. I see it with every one trick. The game isn’t a complete stomp against the enemy so people start harassing the one-trick to switch, taking their focus from the match to be angry at someone for no actual reason.

The only time people are silent about a one-trick is when it’s a stomp in their favor. Don’t expect a hard carry from a one-trick any more than you’d expect it from anyone else.

They’re as good/bad as you are considering they’re in your game. At your Gold rank if anything you should one trick even more if you want to climb.

Yet there’s more than a few one tricks higher than that, myself included

Whine all you want, it won’t change anything.

1 Like

I can understand the want to play your favorite hero. If you’re good at it then keep going with it. HOWEVER, I personally, have yet to see a single one trick that wasn’t an outright smurf taking down the opposite team by themselves, and actually be good. I’ve had a widow, losing to a hero she counters, get pissed at me and our other healer for keeping our tanks alive (who was pushing the payload non stop because of the heals) instead of solo pocketing her against a hero she shouldn’t be having trouble with in the first place to the point where she stopped shooting, crouch walked everywhere, and sprayed the ground despite us winning (This lead to a loss.) Again I get it, but it needs to stop. Theres 5 people in a game, no matter how you look at it, these people are putting 1 over 5 others.

“This is the only time I get to play the game.”
Same could be said for the other 5.

“I only know how to play this one hero.”
Go to quick play and learn another.

“I want to gain SR.”
You’re not gaining SR by feeding/getting countered.

“I want to play what I want and just have fun.”
Again, quick play for that.

One very basic thing that even a child would know about, this is called COMPETITIVE MODE for a reason. Its for people who are serious, have common sense, and understanding about the other 5 people around them. If you have none of these or just don’t care then you are not need or wanted here.

Get. Out.

1 Like

Had two dps throwers in my games tonight (won both as rest of team picked up the slack. Go MMR matchmaker…).

Staggers me that you’d spend ten minutes queuing just to throw.

But the mentality of throwing escapes me anyway.

If they start moaning. mute them.

You can’t dictate to people who or what they can play. If it doesn’t work avoid them and move on.

Life is too short to be worrying about this nonsense.

Another thing is why are people telling to play like the meta I don’t see the point because everyone has there own way of playing but being force at something your not good at is just not right

this game is not meant for one tricking tho

I’m a ball onetrick and I play ball because I’m good at him, but in situations where I know I’m getting no value I’ll swap to zarya or sig. If you need a onetrick to swap make sure you’re polite about it and ask something like “Hey (insert btag) are you good at any other heros because we aren’t doing good rn and we need to change our comp” and if they say no end it there and don’t be the guy who is super toxic about because that can ruin their moral which can lose the match.

3 Likes

I agree with you there on every level

groups actually deserve that hate.

im also a ball otp the issue I find is sometimes I will be on 80 - 90% ult charge realising its not working but want to swap after I get ult. You will just get a torrent of abuse for playing ball even though it could be you doing all the work it doesn’t matter they will pick on the niche pick and blame that player. I play plat btw so not sure which elo you play at

The elo I play in is masters.

Ah I assume at that rank everyone is over the blaim everyone but myself mentality, plat as yot to be the most toxic hellhole so far I have 2 reports acknowledged out of dozens for death threats , general douchiness I play to have fun snd it is actually depressing me to play at the moment