One Tricks rudeness

I dont get why people have to be rude/toxic when a player cant play other character either A there not good at others heros and B they just rather play something there good at and like playing that hero. Were all Different in many ways so i just wish the negative would stop

4 Likes

I just ignore them
If they actually think someone else is why they’re losing that have nothing of importantance to say to me.

The problem isnt they can’t play other heroes its that they refuse to learn at least a few other heroes and blame everyone else for the loss when their inflexibility and stubborness was the cause.

This is frustrating af because thats a core aspect of this game that people ignore (Switch to counter) and you see it all the time with DPS players (whose role ironically demands THE MOST flexibility).

“Hmm, im playing Widow on control against a Hammond/Doom/Tracer. Clearly I’m not at fault even though im getting dived 24/7 and not getting picks despite help from my team. Clearly its the healers fault!”

One tricks deserve ALL of the scorn and gameplay sabotage reports. If they’re going to be selfish nimrods doing something they know will tank the game they deserve all of their suffering.

3 Likes

Reporting one trick for gameplay sabotage is a false reporting. False reporting is a bannable offense (that Blizzard grossly under-enforces).

8 Likes

mate I get abuse literally every single match im a Hammond otp 200 plus hours 55% win rate and no matter what its ALWAYS my fault . I had my last game about 3 hours ago we lost and ofcourse its my fault I had 3 gold medals 3 deaths the entire match I noticed the Reaper was trying to sneak a cap and called it I stalled the payload but no one came, I knocked 3 aka 50% of the enemy team into our Hanzos misplaced ult yes ITS MY FAULT WE LOST!!

I dislike anyone who tells another player what to play. Almost as much as I hate people who said things like “pls swap” or “xxx swap now”.

If I am in voice/chat, I just immediately turn it all off and do my thing.

1 Like

Yeah… How dare someone want to play a hero they enjoy. Let’s all play people we don’t like! That will make people love this game again.

1 Like

The irony is strong with this post

How dare to expect people to play this competitive game mode with some sense of proper sense of how the game works and to go piss off to the many different game modes if they don’t want to do the bare minimum asked of them so they arent ruining the fun of people actually trying to climb?

If they are trying to win, and working together with the unit… I don’t care who anyone picks.

I’d rather a team of 6 people, having fun, working together on 6 picks that they enjoy playing.

People take this game, and themselves, far too seriously. Other than a microscopic buzz when you win, what else do you get out of the final result…

Better off having some fun in the game and seeing where it takes you.

4 Likes

I agree on dont 1 trick one character. If you just play tracer and other dps reaper that wont switch while enemy pharmacy then is it fair support has and tank just have to do dps job? I had a 1 trick hammond that just got hacked and killed repeatedly. If want to trick do it in any other mode except comp. I avoid 1 tricks instantly . If its working stay, if its not you just die repeatedly and wont switch .

1 Like

I really think the direction that blizz needs to go is toward less DPS counters and more Tank/Support counters. This means more Tank/Support chars(more or move some DPS to them with reworkds).

Now that 4 players can’t flex to DPS the game really needs to shift some of that responsibility out of the DPS role. DPS should still have a lot of counter ability, but it’s not fair for 2 players in the group to have 90% of the responsibility of picking the right counters in every game. Not fair to the 2 to shoulder that much responsibility, not fair for the 4 to be so dependent on the 2.

Ideally no matter what the enemy team is running every role should have some pick that helps your team counter it.

This also means no more heroes that counter an entire role(looking at you reaper)

1 Like

I agree on dps not having too do everything. as a tank i try and back them up and help.

I think it’s going to be important to making role queue a success.

If there’s a Pharah killing your team and one DPS refuses to switch hitscan and the other DPS is terrible at them your team needs a good option to deal with her. Before anyone could roll a hitscan. Now you kind of have to hope that someone can roll a good Ana and the other Support can carry the healing when Ana has to focus Pharah.

Edit: and this isn’t a “DPS is making me lose” comment. This is just the reality of some games. I would love to see DPS and Support picks that are good choices to pick up the slack when your tanks are bad. Now that we can’t flex between roles we need flexing within roles to have more impact.

In that situation I’d love for Dva to get buffed back up to viable and fly up and get her :P.

2 Likes

Yeah, the option is to work as a team and rush the 4 on the ground as a 6.

You don’t NEED hit scan to counter pharmercy. You don’t NEED to “counter” at all.

Yeh I was more just using that as an example

Problem with your flowery logic mate: 1 tricks rarely if ever work with the team. They’re the ones crying about no heals when they went off on a solo flank and got pounced on by 3 of their hard counters and still dont think they need to try something else.

You know whats really not fun? Having to go out of your way to do multiple peoples jobs at once in a frantic hope of winning to either prop up or make up for 1 selfish prick who can’t be bothered to learn a few basics concepts of this team based game. But by all means defend that ONE SELFISH PERSONS fun coming above screwing over the rest of his team.

1 Like

This is counterwatch… only way to solve this is role pick n ban. Those days are farr off

1 Like

People feel entitled to tell other people how to play because mEtA

Less of meta and more of common sense.

If you’re playing Widow into a Doom/Tracer/Ball/Monkey comp and are getting constantly dived no matter what support your team tries to give you, unless you’re the second coming of Pine you are going to be dead weight to your team and your refusal to switch to a more effective DPS against such a team is not only on you but also your team.

Meta is one thing, understanding bare basic concepts like countering is another thing entirely.

2 Likes