One thing nobody is talking about

It is better to have one person being absolutely stomped, than 6 people being rolled by one masters in their bronze game.

It’s a numbers game and the matchmaker (as bad as it might be) simply has to make the least amount of people mad when you force it to deal with a masters and a bronze player in the same game.

2 Likes

I dont want to be in bronze lobbies. I want the game to be fair.

If we never win, then it clearly is not balanced.

1 Like

What you ask is impossible. The game can’t be balanced with that kind of skill disparity. The matchmaker did the best it could, but everyone in that game is going to be far better than your friend, because to match you against very low ranked players would be unfair to the enemy team.

2 Likes

That is not good enough, however, I did find a solution. The game is free to play, so I just made another account and now we won our first game in days lol

If you want your games to be fair, find a masters friend, or coach the bronze one :wink:

I should not have to coach my friend to be able to play together. That is the biggest victim blaming thing I have seen on these forums LMAOOOOO.

It’s just a game. I should be able to play and have fun. Either tweak the matchmaker, or remove it.

Or do as I did and make a smurf account lol.

You are able to play together already, but that is not what you want, you want individual matchmaking for you and your friend with huge rank disparity. How much ego is in it even =) Victim, LMAO.

Yes, be like normal ppl :smiling_imp:

Why not just play Quick Play?

I bet you would never make your friend a boosted account though. People always like to claim they aren’t smurfing, they just wanna play with their friends. Which always entails them playing against people worse than them.

I hope your accounts get banned.

1 Like

Wonder if the matchmaking change they got coming up in mid January will fix this.

…I am playing quickplay…

Then what’s the problem?

So there isn’t a “solution” outside of vs. AI mode. There isn’t a world where you won’t be pubstomping or him being stomped.

I am just repeating myself. The problem is that the games are stacked against us entirely, and we lose, no joke, like 90 percent of the games. Maybe more.

Inarguably, that is not fair.

You’re masters, help your friend get better

1 Like

There’s no way for Blizzard to make it completely fair. You and your friend are different skill levels, how is Blizzard supposed to balance this out?

They need to make the matchmaker better so it gets closer to an even 50 percent split. Not that hard. Why should my friend suffer? Why should I suffer?

It’s disappointing that in the current age of technological analysis and control that I can’t even play with my bros, lest we get our asses pushed in lol.

You want to argue about fair? How come I put the work into the game, and I suffer losses because of the matchmaker? Why is a lowly plat more important than me? When they did not put the work in? Why does that get to be where the line is drawn?

I am not advocating for me getting to stomp every game, but if your argument is that Blizz needs to balance for the casual base, then you agree the matchmaker is completely crap and should be better for my friend who is even lower than plat.

If I play with my friends who are much lower ranked than me I have to play my best role (DPS) otherwise we will just get steamed rolled.

I always thought the game was expecting me to carry the team when I played with my low ranking friends. It at least felt that way.

What they are going to be doing in mid-January is giving each team equally bad matchmaking.

Matchmaking uses a “skill rating modifier” so the larger your party, the more impactful the modifier becomes…

This is done to mitigate people attempting to use the party system as handicap.

This is in addition to the matchmaking system being broken, which blizzard finally acknowledged…

Make a new account and keep the mmr near your friend’s level. Play heroes you are bad at not your master rank heroes.