Once you have Trust Level 3, unless you get flagged or reported, you should not lose Trust Level 3

8 Likes

The awful thing is they wont change anything until it impacts the bigger guys and even then itll be really slow.

What’s trust level? What’s the point, and why care?

what is trust level? xd

Because it gives you access to forum privilege’s that can be integral to more complex posts.

(or posting memes.)

1 Like

I’ve got a megathread on Widow that I need to keep up to date, that I can’t keep up to date anymore because the OP post is loaded with video links, and I can’t double/triple post/bump it.

This post;

And not to be rude, but I think a catalog of bugs is way more important than some users who just use Trust Level 3 to share memes and reaction images/emotes.

6 Likes

This “Trust Level” thing is pretty weird, honestly. We should be able to post memes and images and videos relevant to discussions straight on. What argument do they even have for this mess?

3 Likes

Lol you think you deserve to post memes? You think this is Reddit? Nobody cares about your stolen memes man. Why are you acting elitist on a game forum?

What? That’s not what I said at all.

I have a post that needs to be frequently updated, that cannot be updated, that takes full advantage of linking offered in Trust Level 3.

I have over 50 separate Gfycat videos of bugs and issues in one post, that I can no longer maintain because those video links are now prohibited because I’ve decayed.

(This was before YouTube was greenlit for all users.)

Meanwhile, there are people posting memes and not even using Trust Level 3 to promote discussion. Half of the gifs of eating popcorn are entire wastes of space compared to a literal bug list.

14 Likes

Ok, I agree with this then. Makes sense. Yeah, most of the memes are pointless and stupid.

1 Like

The higher your trust level the more stuff you can do. Level 3s can post links and images

I can understand why the trust levels were put into place. I’m guessing with the rising number of people becoming level 3 they’ve noticed an increase in spam posts(memes and low effort posts). Then adjusted the requirements instead of just taking away their privileges.

2 Likes

The way it is does avoids necro users that if reached level 3 shouldn’t keep it if they don’t visit the forums often, etc. I don’t know the full requirements since there wasn’t really an official confirmation of everything but I guess it’s trying to find a balance of regular forum users VS necro users VS those that force the requirements in. I think there’s also more to trust levels then we know too. :thinking:

Test:

Edit: phew. Still lvl 3.

Although I still will not understand why some pictures appear as pics and some as links.

I assume you’re just posting links to images, right?

If the link doesn’t end with the image extension (.jpg, .png, .gif) at the end of the URL, then the forums won’t automatically display the image.

2 Likes

Yeah, everything about the forums are crap. The redesign, the trust system, what the mods choose to remove… Sadly there’s no good alternative.

1 Like

dude the trust level is an indicator of you spending a ton of time on a forum for a dying game i wouldn’t be jumping at the chance to raise mine

I agree. Personally I would prefer no trust levels, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

I wouldn’t worry bout it.

I’m surprised I haven’t been demoted tbh