Once you have Trust Level 3, unless you get flagged or reported, you should not lose Trust Level 3

Just ban them when they make offensive posts… 4Head.

Is that how you do it? Is that how you do that meme?

That is what mods should be for, instead of censoring anything with the word Mercy in it

Well, to me the 4Head meme would imply that you are agreeing with me. As in, just do X when X is not necessarily that straightforward.

More to the point, anyone can make a forum account to post in the Overwatch forums without even paying Blizzard a cent. (People post in here occasionally about the game mentioning they haven’t bought it.) So, no, I do think there is a point to the trust levels even if the requirements for additional permissions are quite steep.

The forum mods are quite strict here, which is evidence of their hard work already. I enjoy having discourse with random strangers knowing that no one is going to randomly vomit expletives at me–that’s not a given elsewhere. So I do think forum systems that reduce the workload on mods are a good thing.

Tbh I’m suprised people spend as much time here as they do, even me. I mostly scroll here while waiting to get into a match but still. Almost any where is better than here. It’s just a general forum with pretty much no sub sections other than LFG(which no one uses) and bug reports.

Hero specific forums arne’t a thing, neither is help centers or anything you might come here for. The fact most threads are shut down and closed on the smallest of reasons doesn’t leave a lot of room for discussion on real topics.

You couldn’t even say Mercy’s name for a long time without it being sent to the mega thread or shut down, all it would take is one reply that was “toxic” to shut the thread down. Instead of you know banning the person being rude.

I understand the ability to post links and video’s is nice, pretty important at times to make your point about the game. But lets face it Blizzard keeps a close eye on the forums and punishes anything they see as “bad” pretty quickly.

I figure trust level 3 is so hard to get and maintain just because the Blizzard’s team doesn’t’ want to have to moderate the flood that would result in more lax measures.

1 Like

My first thread in the new forums was about the lack of subsections and/or effective filtering of threads. It would really help filter out some of the garbage threads (and let’s face it… what’s garbage and good is different to everyone). Lots of cool ideas just get buried with a couple dozen views and maybe a reply or two, due to selective pressure for “incendiary topics”.

2 Likes

Except the number isn’t rising. Not long ago there were around just over 700 members on trust level 3, today it’s currently 655. Of all members on the forum, roughly 0.43% are trust level 3. It appears to be possibly dropping, perhaps as you’ve said due to the changes in requirements (although that’s unconfirmed). I’ve never lost trust level 3 yet.

Oh I thought it was because they were encrypted. Like his first link says. Unless there are multiple reasons.

What’s trust level? I’ve never heard of it.

I’ll teach you the secret art to maintaining level 3.

Find a pair of scissors or some other object that can be used for this purpose.

Open this thread:

Rest the tip of your scissor on the down-arrow button on your keyboard and the base on your desk.

The thread should now automatically begin to scroll and you can just leave your computer on for a few hours.

Congratulations, you’re now level 3.

It always takes the system a day or two to update your new level. You can check your current trust level here:

http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/

I recommend doing it before you go to bed and then just using a program to automatically shut your computer down after a few hours (“Wise Auto Shutdown” does the trick just fine).

If any Blizzard employee reads this thread, please consider doing more work on the forum. The trust level is less about trust and more about understanding how completely inhuman the requirements actually are.

We also really need more sub-forums to mitigate the flooding on the main mage (support/dps/tank forums plz).

3 Likes

I don’t even know what the requirements for level 3 trust is, let alone why I should bother aiming for it. Posting links or pics isn’t that important most of the time.

Would be helpful if you edited this into the first post of the thread.

I think this is the conclusion most posters eventually reach. It’s just some ridiculous requirements.

I’ve only ever had to do the AFK scroll twice so far, but I often have my PC on auto-shutdown and watch streams in bed, so leaving a separate window to auto-scroll isn’t honestly that big of a deal to me.

I didn’t even know it decayed, that’s pretty stupid. They already take it away when you get suspended, and presumably have other means of sanctioning it manually, a decay system seems utterly superfluous.

1 Like

I’m very angry right now because for no reason they pulled me back to level 2 of endorsements.
I didn’t quit a game I’m always endorsed by teammates and I always endorsed players.
Today I only endorsed enemies that could be the reason?

Who even cares? Honestly, the “trust level” you get on a forum isn’t worth the head ache.

I got trust level 3 back when it was easier and I lost it for no reason. I was kinda mad. Still am, it’s BS.

2 Likes

I lost my trust level 3 after getting sick and not posting after a few days. It’s a huge feelsbad because I have a few threads I wanted to repost to but it won’t allow me to anymore because ‘I need to wait for another member to post’ so the threads get buried under other ones : /

I heard someone say you need a post read of over 50k now to retain your trust 3 and I… I can’t keep up with that :c

So remember when I said this?

Well this just happened…

This is not okay.

1 Like

Well, as trust level 3 you can post pictures that makes your post stand out more… and if you’re lucky it can summon Jellyandjam to your thread for some extra attention

Agreed. And if they won’t change it, at least give us the option to see what requirements we need to meet to get level 3 back. It’s really annoying to lose level 3, only to get it back, seemingly at random.

1 Like