Once you have Trust Level 3, unless you get flagged or reported, you should not lose Trust Level 3

Yeah, everything about the forums are crap. The redesign, the trust system, what the mods choose to remove… Sadly there’s no good alternative.

1 Like

dude the trust level is an indicator of you spending a ton of time on a forum for a dying game i wouldn’t be jumping at the chance to raise mine

I agree. Personally I would prefer no trust levels, but I understand the reasoning behind it.

I wouldn’t worry bout it.

I’m surprised I haven’t been demoted tbh

It’s specifically because I can no longer update a bug list post that just got a blue response today, that I’m worrying about it…

I mean, I can’t (and don’t) expect to get Trust Level 3 magically unlocked for me by the mods … and I’m no longer involved with Widow anymore, but it should still go on the record that decay is a dumb system.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve refused to say this for a long time, but I think we’ve finally hit dying. Just everything about the game has been horrible, and the one thing people had a large amount of joy for (Summer Games) was absolutely horrible and ignored by the developers with their desperate attempts to sell skins for their e-sport, which wouldn’t exist without the game.

it’s ok eventually we’ll be a zombie like tf2

TF2 is still a good game though. And alive.

Or they can just make it a real forum and give everyone the basic functions like every single other forum does. Bliz always has to be cute with everything they do, its obnoxious sometimes. For example, the ability to link has been a staple in every forum you can imagine for decades, but they have to lock it behind a wall just to make the forum a safe space for the soft

Oh wow. So fun fact: the number of Trust Level 3 users has gone down since the end of May!

I did a count on May 29 here: Fun forum facts of the day: user count by trust level

Currently, it’s at:

Trust Level Count Percentage1 Old count2 Old %
0 152,224 100% 114,413 100%
1 70,078 46.0% 58,592 51.2%
2 9,366 6.2% 6,768 5.9%
3 660 0.43% 757 0.66%

1 Note for percentages I assume categories are inclusive, i.e. every user is in level 0.
2 Old numbers as of May 29, 2018.

Tbh i was one of the first people to get lvl 3 and i lost it due to inactivity. And tbh i dont really notice it missing. I can live without the need to post reaction pictures and posting links xan be bypassed so shrug

1 Like

When a post has over 50 different links, bypassing it really isn’t an option unless you were bypassing it from the beginning.

They’re just making sure those they eventually pick to be Admins have become the right kind of Kaplan Pets.

The admin police is always watching.

What we need is a good subreddit. And r/overwatch doesn’t count, all that place is is potg gifs.

Personally, I agree with the idea of having trust levels. It would too easy for a new account to come in and just spam the forums with offensive material. I think the requirement for lvl 3 is a bit high, but I understand they really want to make sure that users are invested in not losing the account before granting it those permissions.

If there really is a decay, I think that’s a bit silly. Once a forum user has proven themselves I don’t see the need for continual activity–they’ve spent enough time on the forum account already proving their behaviour. It’s not magically some new person if they return after say 6 months.

2 Likes

Just ban them when they make offensive posts… 4Head.

Is that how you do it? Is that how you do that meme?

That is what mods should be for, instead of censoring anything with the word Mercy in it

Well, to me the 4Head meme would imply that you are agreeing with me. As in, just do X when X is not necessarily that straightforward.

More to the point, anyone can make a forum account to post in the Overwatch forums without even paying Blizzard a cent. (People post in here occasionally about the game mentioning they haven’t bought it.) So, no, I do think there is a point to the trust levels even if the requirements for additional permissions are quite steep.

The forum mods are quite strict here, which is evidence of their hard work already. I enjoy having discourse with random strangers knowing that no one is going to randomly vomit expletives at me–that’s not a given elsewhere. So I do think forum systems that reduce the workload on mods are a good thing.

Tbh I’m suprised people spend as much time here as they do, even me. I mostly scroll here while waiting to get into a match but still. Almost any where is better than here. It’s just a general forum with pretty much no sub sections other than LFG(which no one uses) and bug reports.

Hero specific forums arne’t a thing, neither is help centers or anything you might come here for. The fact most threads are shut down and closed on the smallest of reasons doesn’t leave a lot of room for discussion on real topics.

You couldn’t even say Mercy’s name for a long time without it being sent to the mega thread or shut down, all it would take is one reply that was “toxic” to shut the thread down. Instead of you know banning the person being rude.

I understand the ability to post links and video’s is nice, pretty important at times to make your point about the game. But lets face it Blizzard keeps a close eye on the forums and punishes anything they see as “bad” pretty quickly.

I figure trust level 3 is so hard to get and maintain just because the Blizzard’s team doesn’t’ want to have to moderate the flood that would result in more lax measures.

1 Like