Once goats is dead, you're gonna ask for lucio buffs

lucio is just a bonus if there is a tank meta

he never starts with it, ana was the reason for the first one and once she was nerfed it died out

brig was the reason for the 2nd one, lucio never started it

2 Likes

Mark my word if MOTH meta gonna die, you will beg for Mercy buffs /s

Oh wait they do… and what about it?
Mercy is fine and Lucio will be fine too.

4 Likes

After GOATS dies the only support that deserves any buffs is Brigitte.

7 Likes

After GOATS dies people will whine about the next meta and get another undeserving hero nerfed like they always do but buffs will only come to counter the new meta everyone whines about, it’s a repeating cycle dive is long dead yet Pulse Bomb is still weak.

GOATS is ruining this game. Not in the sense of “game bad lul” but more of, so many things that are fine on their own are going to get nerfed into the ground because they stack too well in a 3-3. Once the dust settles, balance for tanks/supports is going to be all whack.

Umm no. Go here
I explained some parts of it. But i’ll leave this here:

Current movespeed After change
Normal 5.5
Speedboost 7.15 6.6 (-7%)
Amp speedboost 9.35 8.25 (-12%)
Wallride heal aura 6.6 7.7 (+15%)
Wallride speedboost 8.58 9.24 (+7%)
Wallride amp speedboost 11.22 11.55 (+2%)

Not to mention if we end Goats without this change, lucio will still be strong (if not must) pick because it not just goats, it’s triple tank, it’s dive

3 Likes

They seem to balance him more into a “reddit” Lucio style. Rather than playing him as a support, you go on crazy flanks to boop people off the cliff all the time.

Once goats dies people are going to ask for brig buffs…

It’s going to be so ironic on here

Nope, I think, as always, Zen and Lucio will be in good places while there will be balancing in the main supports part.

Right now, we need to ask for #ReworkBrig

It’ll be interesting to see if Baptiste’s immortality field will see them picked less due to him being able to counter play some of the ults we presently need Zen/Lucio for (or if this works poorly and people just blow the bot away).

And yea Brig needs a rework; she enables 3-3 and is underwhelming outside of it.

1 Like

I hoping for GOATs to become an option comp and not an staple. Although, I have only ran into this comp once which was in QP. Talking about OWL mostly.

Trans and Bro shield has different uses (e.g.: Lucio’s ult can protect against Rip Tires and Dva’s nukes while Zen is better against Genji’s blade or High noon).
I think Bapt’s immortality field will be useful against burst dmg but not the best. The drone will be probably easy to take down, you can force the team to get out of the field.
Also, if the drone is able to keep the team alive, don’t forget they’ll go out of it with only 20% of their HP (without any heal) so it’ll be easy for the enemy team to finish them down.

Lucio didn’t get picked as much because Mercy and Zen are a better combo in a meta where it wasn’t about moving people around.

Also can’t forget his aura was smaller!

But before Mercy’s rework, the meta supports were Zen/ Lucio anyways

It took Mercy being broken to push Lucio out of the meta.

Lucio is also one of the 3 characters in Goats who is NEVER replaced

“But braaahh its not played in laddur dont ya knowz”

Doesn’t change the fact its a problem for OW…

1 Like

I hate when people parrot that

The changes, like always, are going to trickle down and become issues for people lower on ladder, and then people are going to tell them that they have no right to complain.

I know, and it starts with Jeff K. even… that interview with Stylosa and I am like wut? People may not play pure GOATs but the overall approach is so effective it works even in ladder… they split hairs and it was more than a little condescending to say the least, and Stylosas shaking is head like a bobble-head doll while not acknowledging the impact it has.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised when i DO ask for a buff after this. let’s just see how this one turns out.

That’s just what he does.

That’s the thing- people play variations of goats on ladder all of the time. But people say that because it isn’t 100% optimized goats, it isn’t real. Yet, just picking Winston and D.Va constitutes as dive?

Even at his weakest Lucio was a really good pick (when brig was first released and his Aura was super small)

His fundamental kit is extremely strong because they play extremely well into the objectives of this game. Not to mention just how powerful his kit becomes the more you master him.

Lucio will be fine. Worry about the healers who are more easily broken Mercy, Moira, and the new addition to the chain gang, Brig.