Once again asking for a simple ping system in this game

press button, green marker appears at crosshair. double press button, red marker appears at crosshair. that’s all I want.

if y’all are scared of ping spam, just make it so you can only use it once every three seconds or something.

1 Like

They have previously said they considered and experiment with ways to implement such a feature, but with Overwatch having a significantly small map size, they could not find a way to make it work without it being overwhelming on the user experience.

aren’t ping systems for battle royal maps with randomly spawning resources? i feel like it would be easier to go “monke on left” instead of tagging or something.

1 Like

I’ve used ping systems in AFPS games with much smaller maps than OW.

As for “monkey on left” My left or your left? left of the cart? it can still be vague. “reaper flanking red ping” is much more specific. it can also help in regions where multiple languages are spoken and can help ease communication issues. Finally, how often are people in VC and how often do you actually want to be in VC? I hate it unless it’s with my friends, so it would be nice to be able to communicate without voice easier.

The issue with it becoming spammy could be solved with some sort of ping cooldown. Additionally, OW2 will have one less person on the team so it might be less visually overwhelming with that change as well.