Once again Arcade is dead

And once again for some reason we have Mystery FFA taking a permanent slot for the whole week. That plus recycled yeti hunt and snowball makes it an absolute chore to get the loot boxes.

No, I don’t want to play random heroes. No, I don’t want to play event modes over and over. No, I don’t want RNG FFA be permanent for the whole week. Why aren’t you listening to players feedback. There have been countless threads bout this yet you force this mode it seems more often than others.

I doubt that many people after a whole week of Petra want to play mystery ffa for another whole week.

I know some ppl enjoy mystery FFA but I don’t think it has a big enough fan base to take a permanent slot over regular one.

No thanks, I’ll pass on those lootboxes this week and wait for ages in queue in tryhard custom chateau FFAs.

8 Likes

event modes or Mystery FFa, mystery heroes or mystery duel.

Gosh, I’m spoiled for choice OuO

/s

5 Likes

Honestly I don’t enjoy any of the mystery modes. It makes no sense to ever take out deathmatch. I’d think it’s the most popular mode.

Can we get some stats?

2 Likes

2 arcade modes that nobody liked even the first time around, and 3 RNG modes :confused:
Junkenstein wasn’t fun either, but at least it was a free win.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. Arcade is literally all I play and its absolute garbage this week. Yeti hunt and snowball offensive are two of the worst game modes only beaten by mystery ffa. Every week mystery ffa is out, people on the forums complain. I don’t understand why mystery ffa can’t just take a daily slot. Even in game everybody complains how horrible it is.

The devs have said mystery heroes is one of their favorite game modes to play internally. And as a game dev myself I understand how you enjoy playing what you create. Especially if you’ve put so much effort into designing each hero. How you play it and how others enjoy it is a completely different case however as I’ve come to realize throughout the years. You have to design for the players and realize how you enjoy and play it may be completely different to how they enjoy and play it. You take feedback and adjust your gameplay to fit the player better. It seems Blizz haven’t grasped this simple concept yet.

2 Likes

Hey, from my perspective it’s often 5 slots of various kinds of deathmatch, which I hate. If anything, CTF should get a permanent slot because it’s actually got a team objective. If you want to do deathmatch all the time, you can play CTF and ignore the flag.

I thought Mystery Heroes would suck, but it’s actually a lot of fun and a great way to learn heroes that I will never play otherwise.

1 Like

Here you go, these are best stats we have:

Apparently only so popular that Mystery Deathmatch belongs to same slot.

I would like to see Deathmatch slot rotating Daily. That way, every variation of FFA Deathmatch would be available every week, and Mystery Deathmatch would be less of an issue.

2 Likes

We have some nice new skins to farm - it’s a shame to have to farm them using the old winter modes. I slept through my Yeti games just long enough to get the lootboxes and went to play QP after because arcade is just ZzZz now.

I can think of dozens of winter themed events that don’t involve a bunch of Meis running around aimlessly. And while I’m sure that the dev team have plenty of ideas of their own as well, they are pressed to cater to other priorities e.g. saving the game by doing balancing changes as they are losing players if they don’t. By not giving us new events, I’m not sure they’re losing that many people, just keeping us on standby. So I imagine what they’re doing is logical from their point of view. But still, zZzZ. :slight_smile:

I really wish we got a permanent PVE mode, it’s a chore to get the 9 wins, some weeks i spend 3 hours tryharding and end up leaving the game without all the wins and frustrated.

1 Like