Once again all other hero's nerfed except the bot one (Mei has to be nerfed much harder or reworked )

Orisa sigma and bap all got significantly nerfed. 2 rotations of nerfs.

Mei. (Because she’s ez to play) was ignored and immune to this nerf for some reason…

Here’s the thing… If Mei is still broken she will still be exploited heavily in ow… The meta is just built around what can optimally exploit and ignore her …

Yet she was what was holding the comp together.

Why does blizzard always try and do this?

They did it with brig in goats… Nerfed everything but her then eventually had to nerf her

Orisa sigma and bap all payed for meis sins

2 Likes

Didn’t she just receive a nerf?

2 Likes

it was a good start, but mei might be one of the best heroes in the game

So did Orisa, Baptiste and Hanzo. They are being nerfed further on the PTR because they’re still too good.

Mei is still too good and yet she’s untouched this patch.

Yes but so did orisa sigma bap… Yet orisa sigma bap got a 2nd round of heavy nerfs… Pretty much nerfing everything in their kit including damage.

Mei got some tweaks like the lot did in the last patch…

But dodged this nerf rotation… Even tho the pros were running her in contenders with Moira rein ECT still. Everything was replaceable except her on this current patch…yet still dodged the nerf.

Blizzard must be oblivious

How did she Dodge this?

She just got nerfed, buddy. Just because you hate her did not justify being deceptive in your post.

The tanks are going to feel really bad after this nerf. They didnt nerf Mei because she’s the only MT left in the game.

Or maybe the nerf did affect her. We’ll have to see if she continues to be a good pick in the next meta rotation/change.

So did orisa sigma bap.

They just got nerfed

Then nerfed again… Why wasn’t Mei nerfed again… If her and orisa are the only hero’s that can’t be replaced in the comp…?

1 Like

Mei can pretty much be replaced as the meta dps. The meta dps has changed between reaper, doomfist, mccree, hanzo and Mei. Orisa is the only one despite receiving changes that continued to be the top tank pick for the past 7 months.

Okay that’s where you are very very wrong.

There are literally 3 ways of killing Mei… At least a Mei that is played correctly and with the the team

1. Doomfist
  2. Reaper
  3. Dmg boosted pharah mercy.

You can opt to try and counter her or play her.

The 2nd dps is replaceable not her

I’m not addressing ways to counter mei, you said “she can’t be replaced this meta.” I said that’s not true as the meta dps has been replaced multiple times this meta. Mei became meta pick after the tank balance changes before that it was doomfist/mccree/repear.

But now she’s the meta tank, you basically have to run her to allow your team to have any survivability or point pressure.
Since there are basically no tanks capable of doing that anymore because they’re nerfed into the dumpster whenever they’re good, Mei is required for making space and close-range brawling.

Uhm… (Also, you shouldn’t underestimate her skill ceiling.)

Lol, what?

Orisa and Sigma are the enablers of the current double shield meta. Not Mei.

That does seem to be the case however she can pretty much be replaced this meta and considering a big balance patch just got released, the meta will probably shift to something else, this time.

Probably not. Mei is still there. They might just replace rein with sigma…

And bap with Moira or mercy…

Orisa still has fortify which is the best defense against Mei…

Zarya’s bubbles are probably the best defense against Mei.

Not only can it protect the player and a teammate, but it also completely remove freeze and slow.

As a now Mei main, I don’t think the direction to go is nerfs with her, but possibly a rework.

She’s not OP as such, her toolkit is. If they keep her toolkit as it is, she’ll either be like she is now, too oppressive or go totally useless.

I think a rework is probably in order, although that would most likely make me sad because she is by far my favorite hero and has been for a very long time, long before she was meta. I used to be an Enchanter in EQ1 for the longest time, and Mei has similar type of gameplay where you control the pace of fights. You’re not necessarily the one that does the most damage, or has the most kills, but you have the most impact.

I’d be fine with them removing the multi-freeze to be honest, or reducing the wall HP…I wouldn’t do both at once, do one and see how it plays out, and do the other if she’s still too oppressive.