On-going FPS Issues

Hi all,

I’ve had some on-going FPS issues with OW. It seems to be very hit & miss as I can play numerous games some days without issue but then without warning I am hit with FPS drops from the 250-300fps range down to 40 which effectively makes the game go into extreme stutter mode and I effectively cannot play.

I’ve noticed more recently I am getting the orange symbol (packet loss?) on the left-hand side of my screen but it’s only the arrow with the lightning bolt through it, not the 3 squares underneath. When this appears my FPS stutters but not always down to as low as 40fps.

My dxdiag pastebin link --> mLaLHy2R

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hey, Jacklett!

Extreme FPS drops like that are normally caused by thermal throttling of the CPU or GPU. The best step we can take to verify what is going on is tracking your specs with HWMonitor:

What you want to look at is the temps and clocks for both the CPU and GPU. When you see the FPS drop in-game, check HWMonitor to see if any of the clocks drop and see what the temps are listed at. If you need help reading the data, make sure to take screenshots of the full HWMonitor. It will likely take multiple screenshots.

Thank you Ibaraius.

Upon tracking my CPU & GPU temps during game-play and more-so when encountering the FPS issues my CPU cores were sitting between 80-90 degrees celsius.

They’re currently sitting between 50-60 degrees celsius as I idle on the home-screen and reply to your comment.

Safe to say it’s likely the CPU temps causing issues?

:slight_smile:

Yes, that’s safe to say. 80C-90C is very hot for most CPUs.

What Nicole said!

Thanks for following up, Jacklett. :slight_smile: