Omg Blizzard please

this game is broken

this game is more complex than blizz can handle

everygame feels like a tedious battle dealing with tracer/ junkrat spam, moria ez mode right click orisa/hog pharmercy soj.mercy

same thing every game is old, stale, tedious

you work hard for a kill and then some ez mode bastion or moria just durrrrrrr i right lick

1 Like

:joy:

Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to Blizzard

3 Likes

And it’s probably not going to get better for 3 weeks.

That said, DarkTide it’s pretty fun.

It’s because the game is aiming for an equal average SR between teams, because it’s still using the old Open Queue matchmaker for Comp.

The upcoming fix is that they will give each team identically scuffed matchmaking. So maybe each team gets 4 GMs and a Gold Tank.

2 Likes

Then it’s basically no point to play competitive until the fix then. Every third game or so feels like waste of time.

2 Likes

Well that’s up to your own sanity to decide.

Overwatch 2 developer blog: Matchmaker and competitive deep dive, part 1

1 Like

To churn out matches regardless of quality in order to create the illusion of good queue times and hide that they’ve hemorrhaged their support player base through repeatedly terrible decisions.

A side effect is that newer players are getting higher ranked teammates, increasing their chances of winning and hence increasing new player retention and massively increasing shop sales (newer players are most likely to spend, after all)

6 Likes

Gotta love all these rank shaming my opinion GM players are just as bad.

It could be an out of seasoned April fools joke…

Matchmaking is as bad as it was the day OW2 launched. Nothing’s changed.

The only difference is that there are way less players every week, so things are getting rough.

I just made a post about this! Haha! I am a gold 3 DPS (dropped from plat 2 from season 1) I won like 5 games in a row and all of a sudden I was being put into Diamond/masters lobbies… I lost 4 games in a row. I’m just a casual and even my QP games are full of masters and top 500. No matter what I play I get rolled. I don’t have the time to “get good” lol.

I’m beginning to suspect something of the sort as well. I no longer play comp, but back when I played I was plat on heal and tank and gold on dps, and it’s easy to guess I probably haven’t improved that rating as a casual QP player. At the same time I keep getting masters and gm players in my games, as well as people who seem to be either very low sr or completely new players (some even saying so).

Meanwhile, QP queue times have been suspiciously short for me lately. As in, 1 min for heal, 1-2 min for dps, 2 min for tank. It definitely seems the matchmaker is prioritising short queue times and has thrown the concept of fair matches of equally skilled teammates and opponents out the window. Possibly because otherwise the queue times would be way too long.

If they don’t get rid of this system then nobody is going to play competitive next season. Neither low ranked or high ranked players want this system.

I mean, why would gold players want to get destroyed by GMs? Blizzard logic lmao.

3 Likes

B-b-but… queue times? OW2 is miles better than OW1 and the queuetimes show it. Right? RIGHT?

“As a real GM, you should be able to carry that.”
“git gud”
“buy lootboxes”
“You should play just for fun.”, “it’s all about fun”

Real question may rather be: “does Blizzard have enough players to keep ranked going”?

I mean, mixing ranks is an excellent way of lowering queue times to nothing. I’m pretty sure they’re not there yet, or you’d see wait times in QP be absurdly high.

Match making isn’t broken. It’s working exactly how they programmed it.

It still confuses me. If comp was okay with a 1000SR difference between people. In the metal ranks. Why even have Silver Gold and Plat? Why not just do what bronze does. 1-1000+ SR is bronze. Than make 1000-2000 Gold. 2001-3000 Plat. Than leave the rest the same.

This is what I’m beginning to wonder too. Maybe this MMR system is not that bad, but we may have a population issue making it impossible to work as intended.

No matchmaking will ever work if there’s not enough people playing. Maybe it’s time to make the game more rewarding and not a blatant cash grab? That might work.

Also adds toxicity towards support players. You get unwinnable games where supports have the least impact in winning. More often I get these low rank players who fundamentally don’t have a good understanding of the game and they flame their team. At least higher rank players understand what needs to be fixed in a match, but low rank players just flame anyone for their poor mistakes.

I had one game where a silver tank was flaming a top500 support for not healing him. Also mirror matchmaking should be tied to roles only. How is a mirror match with a GM support against a GM tank fair?