Okay.... I’m calling it

wtf is a “hitscan sized projectile”???

Do you know what hitscan means?

6 Likes

Low/no skill or not he can get alot of kills.

Instead of complaining about it I say use him to climb the ranks.

Runs a whopping 24% accuracy on Hanzo. Has no time in comp on him. Calls him easy. Seems about right.

1 Like

If something kills you, it does not automatically mean it’s low skill. Overpowered, maybe.

Storm-Arrow is so ‘easy-mode’ it’s not funny.

I play so much Deathmatch (fav mode, lots of DPS-type heroes) that I see lots of Hanzo’s.

They literally just activate ‘storm’ and proceed to pump you with 480 (soon to be 420?) damage of body-shots over 1.5 seconds with NO accuracy penalty.

Yep, go near Hanzo, a long-range sniper and die to body-shots over 1.5 seconds. BALANCE! :eggplant:

Memes aside his arrows are considered one of the smallest projectiles in the game.

3 Likes

try playing hanzo and tell me if he was low skill

Players: Scatter Arrow is overpowered

Also Players: Storm Arrows are overpowered

2 Likes

Agree with this, but also the nature of how the game is being played now with very compact teams makes it hugely forgiving, not just for Spam Arrow, but spam generally. Hence the popularity of Junk and Pharah at lower ranks; Hanzo gains a lot from this as well.

1 Like

Not really mutually exclusive, it’s entirely possible for more than one ability to be overpowered.

Then roughly speaking… Junkrat (aka Spamrat) is also a low-skill hero… and your point being? Hanzo’s just Hanzo… not some elite symbol.

I remember back when I told my friends that storm was going to be 50x better than scatter and they laughed at me.
I’d say I’m laughing at them now but pretty much everyone I play is an easy snipe for hanzo so I’m just as miserable as they are

But Mercy isn’t even no skill so I don’t know how to take this thread seriously.

Also, Hanzo takes more aim than Both Tracer and Genji, ironically Genji and Tracer mains are now saying he takes no skill and also justify why they shouldn’t be off meta because they take a lot of skill. Tracer doesn’t need any aim, it needs tracking which is easier to master and learn than aim.

Mock us all you want. Doesn’t stop it from being true.

He gets his ultimate way too often at the moment, and he drains shields like no tomorrow. I’m hoping the small damage nerf will help but I honestly think he’ll still get his ultimate way too often.

It’s the “Phear meh mad aim-skilz brah” crowd that has a lot of these comments built-in. Ignore them.

he’s like medium skill

I find Hanzo’s primary fire to be more reliable than storm arrow.

2 Likes

Op is just like all these cats who cried about Junkrat. Skipping into chokes not looking out for a laughing bomber and then throw a fit when he clips you due to their negligence.

While a spam hero Hanzo may be he takes skill and yes so does Junkrat if you want the most value out of both of them. Hanzo has a higher skill ceiling than Junk but they are no less in need of discipline and understanding to get value. Both are heroes you can mindlessly spam with but Junk is easier in that aspect because of his projectile type. However both fall short in value if you reduce them to spam heroes only.

Hanzo’s storm arrows are not easy to lead and the jerky animation for them takes getting used to. His new lunge abilty can be forgotten on the most veteran of players because its still new and folks are learning many ways to utilize it. His faster projectiles are also something to learn but over time a dedicated player will master it and his kit. The nerfs he’s getting should shut some folks up about him but I doubt it.

Nerfs are demands from frustrated players who would rather have heroes they can easily contest rather than step up to the challenge of learning the weaknesses of these heroes. They did it with Junkrat, Mercy, Sombra, Ana, Doomfist and currently Brigitte and soon Hanzo.

This game is literally for the loudest babies that cries. I miss when this game had a player base that loved to figure out how to combat new heroes or abilities… oh wait, they cried for Ana nerfs when she came out. Nevermind this game has always been Babywatch. My bad. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it takes no skill to play Hanzo, but by far less than it used to. Storm arrow allows almost any player to get some work out of the ability. You might not get head shots, but body shots are fairly easy with rapid fire arrows that go in a more or less straight line. They are also nearly hit scan in speed when used at close to medium range.

The buff to his primary fire speed also has drastically increased his effectiveness. Never had to reload, can pre-fire and hold the charge indefinitely to make him one of the best peekers in the game. His ultimate is also one of the most OP offensive ults in the game with very little counter play. An Ult he gets crazy fast right now, the dmg nerf MIGHT slow it down but I’m doubtful.

Over all Hanzo isn’t a no skill hero, he gets a lot of benefit from being able to aim at specific targets. That said with no reloading, spam arrow on an 8 second cool down and the safe and effective ULt he can spam a choke just as good as Junkrat to get some good effectiveness.

You see a hanzo almost every game in QP and even the least skilled hanzo’s can spam a shield/choke get their ult, use it to clear the point. It’s not exactly instant win, but it’s fairly hard to counter, especially on defense were the spawn times are against you.