Ok why a second time?

I got banned on my ACTUAL account maybe a couple months ago. For lagging out of a game in overwatch BUT I joined back finished the game and we won!!! NOW ITS HAPPENED ON MY SMURF! I actually got suspended on my smurf (I’ve been more careful) BUT this makes no sense I would really like to know why this keeps happneding to me!!! :confused:

There must be more to this story, I’ve never heard of being banned because you disconnected from a game one time. :thinking:

2 Likes

Maybe get your internet connection fixed? Or your computer?

1 Like

You’re gonna get suspended if you keep playing with an unstable internet connection.

Game cant tell if you’re a leaver or not. So either deal with it or fix it

1 Like

I have a Xbox and yes I understand but that’s simply not possible. It’s the game taht suspends me for joining back for no reason thats all

The game suspends you for disconnecting, not for joining back.

1 Like

Then your net is the issue, or you already have a habit of leaving games, at which point the game doesn’t care if its intentional or not. You get punished.

1 Like

What’s wrong with your internet? Have you tried hardwiring your connection? Wifi is usually the problem.

1 Like

REALLY thanks for shiny this information on me :slight_smile: no but seriously this is good to know thanks you made my night :slight_smile:

Assuming this was sarcarm, which it probably was.

You did ask why this keeps happening.

If you’ve been banned because of your disconnections once already, and now you’ve been suspended, should we really need to tell you you need to fix your internet?

It’s not a matter of being more careful, but fixing your internet issues before entering a competitive match. You can’t be careful over something you can’t control, you can only fix it.

Everyone gets DCd every now and then, but not enough to have an account banned and another suspended.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Rejoining a game without penalty is only possible during certain phases of the game and within a timely manner. If you leave a game either during the pre-game or during the first minute of the game, the game will automatically cancel (remember the 10 second rule does not apply to the leaver, but as a warning to other players that the match will cancel). You can rejoin the match during the initial hero selection screen if you are lucky enough to quickly reconnect though.

Otherwise, you can only rejoin any-time after one-minute of match time has passed up until the match completes. However you only have two minutes to do so without penalty. If you rejoin a match after two-minutes, you will still automatically be marked with a loss an be penalized with a -50 SR cut and a ten-minute suspension. This rule ensures that no one can abusive the leaver system by attempting to return to a match after deliberately leaving in order to avoid such penalties. Furthermore leaving three or more times in a single match will result in an automatic penalty. If you fail to return to a match by the time it ends normally (regardless of match result) you will be penalized.