The FPS in this game has gone to absolute crap, like omfg I can hardly get 90 fps in DEATHMATCH. It’s literally unplayable at this point, and everybody is saying that their fps is garbage in this game and Blizzard has done NOTHING about it. The only thing that has been done in all of these forums complaining about how they used to get 150+ fps but now get like 60 is someone FROM THE COMMUNITY replying with the same old link with “tips” that everyone has already tried when the real problem is with the game. Blizzard did nothing last year literally nothing except release Ashe, so I’m guessing that my request to make the game playable again would be too much, huh?
These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:
- Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
- Update your graphic card driver.
- Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
- In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
- There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.
I’m at over 160fps on 1440p high settings. But I’m also using a 1080ti and I7 8700k overclocked.
Oh no 60fps! The horror!
With such vast configurations they can’t “fix” all of them.
Use the common techniques.