Ok, this Community Flag system is flawed

okay, dumb response…but why even bring that up?

1 Like

You’ll get used to it.

Replying to a post is against the rules? Old or not, its still up & searchable. If they’re not meant to be replied to after a certain amount of time, then the posts should be gone by now, or hidden from the search results.

1 Like

Posts don’t get removed or hidden because it can be important to be able to find answers to questions posted previously, or to more easily find developer reasoning behind an old change.

These posts being available doesn’t mean you should dig up old posts complaining about something and argue with people who may not have even played in the last 2 years over opinions they may no longer hold.

The threads should probably be locked by default after a certain time with no posts but a large number of forums rely on people just not posting in old topics.

If you have something to talk/complain about, check for recently active threads and use them if you can find them, or make your own if you can’t. Posting a thread that has been seen many times before but hasn’t been active in a few days is better than digging up old posts.

1 Like

Posting a reply to a 2 year old thread about “It’s just quickplay” is completely non-constructive and serves no purpose. Necroing old threads is highly frowned upon on almost every forum. Many forums auto-lock threads older than just a couple weeks. The idea is that over time most topics become outdated with old or misleading information, and if you continue to have a concern, you should create a new topic if another new thread does not exist about it.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I keep seeing that thread about buffing DVa with the dev response and then I realize it was back when they were thinking about giving her 3 sec boosters. It’s pretty annoying.

The flag system is not a voting system. It doesn’t matter if 1000 people upvote a post that breaks the ToS or is a troll post. It is still marked to be removed for a reason.

1 Like

and how exactly did people know you are latino?..

2 Likes

:joy: Yeah okay. I’ve read hundreds of posts that didn’t violate anything and were hidden by community flag. None of what you just said reflects reality.

Everything I said reflects reality. Just because you saw some people abusing the system doesn’t make it acceptable, or normal, or some twisted reality.

But in OW, certain topics certainly dont become outdated because Blizzard hasnt done anything to fix them through the years. Such as the QP problem & the rigged matchmaking.

If Blizzard seperated those that play to win from those that basically throw matches, that’d be a start to the QP problem being fixed. If the matchmaking stopped being rigged, sorted everyone out in Tiers depending on which Portrait level they are, then losses would be natural & every match would at least be neck & neck(but no Overtime would also help QP & Arcade not be frustrating).

But no, after almost 5 years, these issues havent been fixed.

1 Like

They have done stuff. Firstly there’s no such thing as rigged matchmaking.

Additionally as far as throwing - it doesn’t really happen all that often. What most people, especially those here on the forum, call throwing is simply someone not playing up to their expectations. This game has a very diverse set of heroes and skills required to play those heroes, and people are at the same skill level as you for very different reasons. Some have better positioning. some have better mechanical aim. Some are better in certain aspects of game sense. Some are better at flexing for the team and picking the right heroes. You cannot accurately boil this down to a certain number, which is why you see people in your comp games at your SR who seem like they’re absolute trash. It’s because they were put into a match where their specific talents go underutilized - either the lack of teammates that work well together, or enemies that happen to counter them well.

And again, there is no rigged matchmaker. This is the reason that those many-year-old topics wont ever stop being outdated for you. It’s because you’re talking about issues that dont exist, and therefore will continue to be a problem to you. But as far as the real issue of creating teams that work better together, that was the entire goal of role queue.

Gottem’!

What if the threads automatically get a flair or something if they haven’t been active for a few months?

I mean, a month old post may still have relevance, but not a 3 year old one like you said.

Reviving a 3 year old post isn’t nice dude :heart_eyes: always feel feel free to share your thoughts and opinions in a new post, like this one!

No one likes necroing:// ask reddit or other game forums

Yes there is. The matchmaking isn’t fair at the slightest. I don’t even want to start on backfill always putting players on the losing team. The game decides when you’ll win. After one win or two, you’re on a forced losing streak. The matchmaking wasnt always like that, but its been a mess since that forced 50% winrate stuff.

That issue exists & its so obvious. Just play a few QP matches & try to get a win streak going. Or go play Team DeathMatch & try to get a win streak there. Im not talking about Comp, but the rigged matchmaking is definitely there too, and only DPS mains can power through it.

I was just in a few TDM games where the matchmaking kept pairing the same teams together. And here’s one way of how obvious the rigged matchmaking is, you lose to tryhards due to the crappy team you were with, but in the next match the teams are swapped a bit, you get to be on the tryhard team & win that easily.

Back to Comp real quick, if the matchmaking was fair, there wouldnt be any crappy teammates in Gold, that rank wouldnt be ELO H311.

Well no duh. People typically lose because they’re losing so of course the backfill is going to be the losing team.

Nope sorry. There is no mythical forced 50% winrate. This is somethign the forum-goers made up after misinterpreting a post by the devs ages and ages ago and coming up with conspiracy theories to explain why they’re actually a GM but stuck in gold.

As you win you get placed against better opponents and therefore your matches are harder. In some instances as you go on winstreaks you can be lucky and get carried and then the subsequent losing streaks are mostly a result of you playing at a level beyond your abilities, of course coupled with the fact that some games just have unfortunate team compositions and people who dont switch.

This doesn’t prove anything. You just have an anecdote where some players who are good at TDM win some more rounds at TDM. It’s likely that these people play heroes that are good at TDM, and are therefore going to on average do better than players who are not good at TDM but are considered overall the same skill level. I would be shocked if TDM had its own unique MMR.

Some time ago I said something harmless about gays, my post got deleted and I got silenced :roll_eyes:

There are things you better not to say haha :smiley:

Backfill shouldn’t be in the game period. Or it should at least be a setting.

There’s so many forum posts talking about how rigged the matchmaking is. You can act like the issue isn’t around, but it is. And if you’re a DPS main, its no wonder you doubt it because you win all the time.

And how can one team be good at TDM when the match wasnt even fair? If its a stack vs randoms, of course the stack wins, they have the advantage. It doesnt mean they’re good, it means they had it easy.

In fact, idk how you can doubt the rigged matchmaking when the game always puts stacks against randoms, no matter the match. Instead of only pairing stacks with each other. And before you say queue times would take long, it’d be alot better than a 6-Stack going up against randoms in QP, playing as if its Comp & basically win before the match even started.