Ok so has Blizzard made a new horrible change to the leave system?

Just had someone leave a match 15 seconds in – and it didn’t cancel? What in tarnation is going on? It didn’t use to be this way.

2 Likes

15 seconds after the start of the match?

Yep. I was shocked and triple checked it. Blizzard has definitely changed something about the leaver timer. I’m not exactly sure what though.

Perhaps they changed it so that if the doors open the match continues? They tried that before but it didn’t stick.

I wonder if anyone else can confirm.

[edit:] Seems that if the leaver does any type of damage or healing the match doesn’t end. :confused:

Confirmed here:

1 Like

Why in the name of god would they do this? What an awful idea. Thanks for the info, though.

1 Like

Can you post replay code?

I would like to see requirement for not canceling match so early on my own eyes.

His job is to sell games, not really maintain them. He’s certainly good at getting people to buy this game 5, 6, 7, 10 times, that’s for sure.

5 Likes

At least you’ll have more SR to grind :smiley:

In my observation, there was too many complaints from times where the attacking team successfully wins the first team fight (especially on an Assault or Hybrid), and an opposing player either rage quits (or tactically leaves to save his friend’s SR). This was an issue I remember seeing a great number of times reported here on the forums.

Simply put, once it is proven everyone has contributed to the match, it is confirmed official and will play out from there on out.

3 Likes

Sorry Zax, just now seeing your reply. Was traveling for the holidays. Game’s been overwritten. Happy New Years by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s not how it was implemented. It now appears they are not cancelled for anyone leaving for any reason besides the inactivity auto-boot. They do not need to participate. Search the bug report forum. There are many replays posted of players leaving under 15 seconds in, where the leaver did not do any damage to anyone, and the match DOES NOT reset.

It’s either a bug, or piss poor implementation by Blizzard.

EDIT: Looks like most of them don’t load now, since they must have been before the latest patch.

The change is relatively recent (within the last few seasons), before then the rules were if there was a leaver (for any reason) within the starting minute of the match. Note that if say a person was having latency issues and failed to get out of the spawn room but didn’t leave until after they hit that one-minute threshold, the match was confirmed official.

However, the rules which I have stated are what currently suppose to happen and I have directly confirmed this with the development team.

1 Like

There are still glitches then. I’ve had multiple matches where the leaver does not even leave spawn, let alone do any damage, and the match is not cancelled in the 10-30 second range.

1 Like

I can confirm it happens from time to time. On New Years Eve, I had three people not choose heroes before the match started and it never kicked them out - we had to 3v6.

Today, we had two people leave while we were still in the lobby waiting for the match to stop, and it didn’t stop the match - we were forced to 4v6.

And in the past few weeks - this has been just completely random. Sometimes it will cancel the match, and other times it forces us to be down people. I’ve wondered about it myself.

I’m on PS4.