Ok people this is a vote

Depends if she rework Brig and Symm to be fun for me to play again. If so, yes. If stays more or less the same, then no.

depends on what my battlenet friends think and how the game scores on youtube reviews. definitely won’t pre-order it.

I am willing to buy it but I think it will just going to suck and the PvP doesn’t seems like is getting any better.

I plan on buying Overwatch 2 because the PVE aspect is promising.
I don’t expect the story to interest me that much, but I hope some missions will have interesting and unique mechanics, Blizzard at least know how to create varied scenarios in their campaigns with clever game design.
I like Overwatch, so I don’t mind spending money on what is essentially a glorified DLC, even if it’s a throwaway campaign that will be forgotten in a week.

I got my money’s worth when I bought OW because I am not an idiot and didn’t purchase extra lootboxes or OWL skins.

I mean with how loot boxes have fallen out of favor… I almost expect that they wont exist anymore in OW2, though I have no concrete evidence/reasons to support that theory.

I will probably buy the game, but don’t have a PC that could run it quickly so that is up in the air. I do know I won’t be buying cosmetics or anything of the sort.

Those kinds of things were fun when I first started playing this game, but now that I’m more focused on just improving, I don’t so much care what my hero looks like.

1 Like

I’ve already made the decision to never spend money on lootboxes in any game. That’s not gonna change.

I’ll definitely buy OW2, and if Blizz converts over to a reasonable and respectable way to sell cosmetics, then they could probably get a little more money out of me on the side.

There is nothing in OW2 so far that addresses any of the problems in OW1. So my understanding is, the PvE portion of OW2 is something to keep you logged in to blow off steam on NPCs who don’t insult you, or throw the match, or smurf, or aimbot. Absolutely nothing in OW2 has anything to do with fixing the matchmaker, or preventing smurfs/throwers/toxic people on your teams, etc. OW2 = OW1 with shinier graphics and the same problems. Furthermore, by the time OW2 comes out, who’s really going to care by then? SOOOOO many better games coming out next near, or the year after… The only game I’m looking forward to is Elder Scrolls 6, and I’ll lose myself in that game while people are getting angry in this game.

1 Like

An opinion based on a very incomplete project. You can dislike the idea of 5v5, but we have no idea how it will actually play. The gameplay we saw was missing all the new heroes, tons of balance changes and hero reworks, map changes etc. Drawing a conclusion from such incomplete information doesn’t make sense imo.

I will buy OW2, loot boxes, battle passes, skins and booty thickeners for Reaper.

I will not buy Overwatch 2.

1. I will not be able to endure the toxicity of people insisting the tank/bruiser to change hero.
  2. I will not be able to enjoy a faster game, because that will unfortunately become a pew-pew first-person-shooter game, which is something no longer relaxing after a hard day at work.
  3. I will not consider it team anymore, because personal progression and individual play will be the focus. Teamwork and synergy will no longer be promoted. The tank will be alone, and DPS will play alone. There will be no need for voice chat, unless for something toxic or trolling.
  4. Smurfs… they were not handled in Overwatch 1 at all. Just imagine what impact they will have in OW2. However, company will be happy, because smurfs will still buy alternate accounts, increasing sales

I shall refuse to buy Overwatch 2.

2 Likes

If the PvP rework is terrible then I won’t buy. I bought OW1 for it’s PvP and if it’s even worse then I won’t give them money for PvE.

2 Likes

I won’t buy OW2 if its monetisation practices involve any content locked behind a paywall, and/or Battle Passes.
:v: :woozy_face:

Oh…
:thinking:
So you plan to borrow the money…

…at 10000% interest, over 12 months , carry the one…
:thinking:
:money_mouth_face:

I probably won’t spend money on OW2 because of the treatment of this game and the console neglect.

Nope not after I saw how they’ve handled Overwatch 1. They pretty much just gave up on maintaining/improving the multiplayer experience and solely focused on the problems that would likely best safeguard their revenue. Which makes sense because they’re a business, but never doing a thing about ult accounts was a bad move and shows they are just corporate pawns now. I understand it’s they’re job, nothing against them personally.

It’s obvious that alt accounts makes the entire ban system weak or irrelevant and that alt accounts were the cause/enabled so many of the things which help worsen the gaming experience and community. It was the obvious thing to address and they didn’t even try. All they did was make penalties more serious which can’t even be effective because people will just use Alts and they knew that and still did it anyway.

Keeping their Alt account revenue was more important than the gaming experience, and investing time and resources into improving the gamer experience who already purchased the game has no inherent value and they’ve lost the ability to know that it would have been the better choice.

I’d have to see how they handle overwatch 2 and then maybe if they really turned things around and did right by OW2, then maybe I’d consider supporting them for OW3.

1 Like

I’ll still play OW2 considering that OW1 will carry over. I’m not forking any money for a story mode though.