Ok people this is a vote

Comment or like below if you agree
“I currently plan to spend nothing on OW2, buying it, lootboxes or otherwise”

Your reasons are your own. For me it’s too little too late, the OW lore is crap, the current game is neglected, the balance changes are always “one step forward and one step back” and I 10000% hate 5v5.

7 Likes

No plans either from me to spend cash on this game as of now.

9 Likes

Hypothetically:

What if I don’t agree? Do I not comment/like? Which would then not make this a vote, but an echo-chamber.

Or is your wording incorrect and those who disagree can comment as well?

15 Likes

for me, the deal breaker is not allowing us to pick which data centre to connect to

6 Likes

Do we get the bikini Ashe skin for OW2? :thinking: (Asking for a friend. :wink: :smile:)

5 Likes

Oh really? Where did you play it?

6 Likes

Paladins. :smirk: :wink: :grin:

4 Likes

None of us have played it, but we all have an opinion.

You do not need to taste faeces to know that’s a bad idea to cook it.

4 Likes

I’m going to buy OW2, OP. I’ve got more than my money’s worth from OW1, especially since I have not paid for a single lootbox or OWL skin; I’m happy to give them another lump sum of money, even if OW2 was “just” an expansion and not a sequel.

There’s an OW2 mod that’s pretty fun to play in custom games. Hop in!

(I wish we could get OW2 Experimentals up inbetween balance patch Experimentals, but unfortunately I doubt that’ll happen for PR reasons. :pensive:)

4 Likes

I’ve never bought lootboxes and never will. I don’t pay into predatory mechanics. If not for the combination of reasonable in-game earning, cosmetic-only, and having the coin system to eventually get what you want even if you have abysmal luck, I might not have played Overwatch at all… it’s right on the edge with its monetization choices.

As for OW2, I don’t plan to buy it but I don’t plan not to buy it either… we’ll see how it looks once it actually releases.
… or should I say, if it actually releases…

I mean, that’s not the same at all is it? It’s more like you enjoyed a dish (Overwatch) and someone cooked that dish with a few different ingredients, but it’s still recognisable as the original dish. Without trying that person’s cooking, you assume it tastes like faeces and refuse it.

4 Likes

Probably will buy it when it’s really cheap on sale for the story mode … will most likely stop playing OW when OW2 comes out and all the changes and reworks go live.

More like, we have a hamburger, the chef removed the meat. Boom ! Easier to prepare, some vegetarians are happy and every customers have no choice but to deal with it, and it is sold as a revolutionary dish, for the same price, but deep inside we know this is a scam.

And we should not forget that some time ago the restaurant officially declared : “The amount of ingrediants for this dish is 6, and it will always be 6”.

Conclusion : This restaurant is not trustworthy. And i’m hungry now.

2 Likes

I stopped spending money on overwatch 1. No way I’m going to spend money on OW2 when I feel like it’s turning into a game I don’t want to play.

1 Like

…yeah but if the burger meat was rancid to begin with, then someone dropped it on the floor and…lol, no more food analogies.

In all honesty, I’ll probably wait for a free weekend before I even consider OW2. OW is the most rage inducing game I have ever played, and if the sequel is the same toxic mess, I’m not playing it no matter how many players per match!

I think maybe that means the PvE has to be large enough and good enough to warrant the price tag, because no doubt PvP will be the same highly team reliant unfun nonsense.

I think 5v5 could be really good.

No shield tanks in Overwatch 2 on defence like Kings Row? - #29 by GreyFalcon-11737

I already do not spend money on Overwatch aside from the fee that I paid to play in 2017. I find earning my lootboxes more rewarding.

Very much big brain play here

1 Like

I’m not going to make a decision 1-2 years before the game is released.