OK I'm sorry, there are too many mistakes in this patch

Man sit your butt down and zip it. Are you perfect? NO. Accidents happen whether by someone’s fault or outside factors. I cant wait for the day you mess something up at your job (even you even have one).

They HAVE the time and the resources. like I said, smaller dev teams are doing it twice as good with a fraction of the time. Blizzard have NO excuse here and I’m not about to make one for them. Attention is clearly not on the improvement of the game when it REALLY should be.

To be fair, the d.va one is older

I manage a coffee shop where I get more hours, and thus more money by making sure customers are happy enough to come back. Something my team does a great job at, because we respect the fact that happy patrons are loyal patrons. Even IF we mess up part of our policy is to “make it right” not radio silence and ignore till people stop talking.

If you’re going to troll post at least be smart about it. Hold this flag.

3 Likes

I mean, you can whine all you want. I’m just explaining what it’s like to be on the other side, since I actually know what it’s like to be on the dev’s side. And also offering some advice to help your voice be heard better.

But by all means, ignore that advice, don’t attempt to understand why these things might happen, and continue shouting angrily in a way that adds nothing to your feedback beyond the face value of “I’m upset about bugs.”

Every patch, they manage to break Reinhardt even more and introduce new bugs.
Zero comments or acknowledgement about them.

2 Likes

IDK, if this was already posted or you know it. But Cosmetics you needed to pay for are no in number of total items.
F*cks up my, i want all items for a hero.

also the group finding feature is not working on console at least. You can’t get to it anymore.

So what’s the explanation for the lackluster state of the current event? Should we just say “its ok, at least they tried”? Do you understand the phrase “silence implies consent”? This event and everything surrounding it feel lazy, the skins look good but that’s really it to the summer games. NOTHING new was added gameplay wise, and that’s what we were promised going into year 3. So we have every right to be upset because more and more its looking as if the team in charge just doesn’t care all that much about the core audience, and OWL has very much taken over. You just watch, the next content drop for OWL will very like equal effort of this event due to its poor presentation.

Knock, Knock...

Jeff, are you there?! :confused:

That’s kind of the problem. Her increased mobility makes her too reliable, I.E. bunny hop and Valkyrie. Two things introduced with, guess what, her rework.

Most people choose to ignore this fact because it is the only fun thing from this rework, but removing bunny hop would MAJORLY damage Mercy much more than any other nerfs will. It makes her too reliable and survivable. But they know they can’t take that away now because that is the rework’s only redeeming factor.

Considering Blizzard is currently putting all their eggs in the new World of Warcraft expansion basket, I’d say that probably answers the majority of the questions you have about why they aren’t fixing things promptly.

Try that next time you’re brought up on charges, see how that defense works for ya.

They’re on autopilot, from the first statement I made.

Competitive Lucioball, New Skins, New character tweaks and adjustments, the new gaming event coming up soon, and who knows what else that we’re not privvy to.

Look, I’m with you, transparency would be fantastic. Knowing what they’re working towards, and what issues they’re aware of would be fantastic. Having them acknowledge the issues would go a long way to save face for the company, but that’s their prerogative. They don’t have to tell us anything. Would I like it? Heck yes I would.

So, if someone bought an old stereo from you, had already paid for it, and brought it back to you 2 years later complaining that it doesn’t work the same, vs another guy who has a blank check and walks up and says, “I want to do this!” who would you focus your attention on? The guy that bought my stereo 2 yrs ago is an afterthought. The guy who wants to put lots of zeroes behind a number on that blank check is the one I’m listening to.

You’re changing the subject; I was explaining the reason why bugs are likely slipping through, not commenting on events or OWL.

You’re also assuming that I agree about those things. I, personally, care very little about event modes that aren’t in the vein of Uprising/Retribution and mostly care about the skins, which I think are amazing, so I’m mostly happy with this year’s summer games. I also am happy that OWL is a thing and the effects it has on the game, despite the fact that I don’t follow it much (though I might if the heroes I play see more play at that level).

Different people have different priorities. It’s far more important to communicate your own priorities in a clear and concise way than to sensationalize them. Blizzard is not going to take you more seriously because you declare that your issues will be the death of the game or a particular hero or if you demand official comment on something (unless the issue itself is an issue of communication, which “number of bugs” and “a lackluster event” are not).

Well if this is how they really see us then we really all should just go elsewhere honestly. That line of thinking implies they don’t care to have a loyal player-base.

Probably so they can retcon with the new writer they hired. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

You don’t get it. They’re going to have a dedicated playerbase regardless of what shenanigans we pull on the forums. The majority of the players of this game do not participate in the forums, and likely give 2 grunts less what we think about the game.

Blizzard has found its cash cow in the competitive eSports environment. Signed deals on that front are what are going to make them more profitable. More exposure on mainstream media is going to net them more purchases. If you leave the game for good, 20 more will take your place.

Once you understand that they’ve already got your money, then you begin to understand your worth and value. Read the notice before you install a game, and note just how little power you have to complain when it comes to the state of their game. They own it, they control it, they get final say, period.

Do I want the changes made? Yes, most definitely. Do I want to see more engaging, new content? Of course I do. Do I think they’re going to do it because I want it? No… Not at all. They will do it because OWL wants it. Because their competitive viewerbase wants it, not because poor ol’ QP Bandito wants something changed.

1 Like

I will argue on one thing and thats Rein’s shatter.

I’ll argue two points.
This can easily be Testing the waters and getting people used to how its probably gonna operate from now on.

And two, its a transitional change. That its going to finalize in the future. kinda like how Riot’s “broken” time periods of league simply get fixed at a later date. They’re purely a transitional period where chaos happens and they let it happen while they make the patch to balance the game.

but everything else, ye they should talk. especially the little content for this event.

I’m not declaring anything other than the very obvious poor direction the game is taking. Will it survive without me? Of course. Is being ok with players leaving due to dissatisfaction and mishandling of the game? Well like I said, if they want a loyal player-base this is opposite mentality to have. People speak out because they care, as a business if you are seeing complaints at a high level you should understand that there is a problem. But if they want to take the “oh he’ll be replaced soon” road that’s their prerogative. But it just means less polish and less effort on future content going forward.

You bought the car, the 3 yr 75,000 mile warranty has expired.

/shrug

Although, I’d argue they could sure use a recall on a few things :wink:

As true as that is, its still really sad. Its a clear story of the devs forgetting where they came from. Those QP people are what grew the game into what it is, then they went and ran in a different direction.