Ok. If mercy isn't fun. How to rework? And why a mercy main theory

So I am not a mercy main… But there are 2 separate theories out that that most people do not discuss directly but are very evident and in an Fd up way what people think.

Theories.
#1 (possibly the biggest misconception or maybe fact) mercy mains enjoy paying mercy bc how easy she is, how much value she provides, and how she requires little mechanical skill but rewards so much.

• before you get Angy you have to accept this is something people believe. They believe people want free heals by holding down left click and not looking.

Possibly the real reason less people except .
#2 mercy mains enjoy a FULL support enabling playstyle. Focusing %100 on their team only and not the enemy team. No other support focuses %100 on their own team

• if therory #2 is correct then surely there should be a way to make the hero mechanically harder and therefore increase her skill ceiling to scale her game play. Devs have already proven rez can be balanced.

Mercy is now balanced yet unfun…so…
Thoughts on how to rework?

3 Likes

Give Mercy a second pistol that fires full auto hitscan. Remove GA and replace it with a short range teleport. Remove Ressurrect and instead let her teleport to where she was 6 seconds prior with the same health she had then.

Just keep Valk, ez

3 Likes

Mercy thread after mercy thread…:sleeping:

8 Likes

Rez is part of mercys kit. Your thinking of tuning her kit to make her more aggressive…
It’s not a %100 support playstyle

I see what you did here lmao

I feel like you missed the “Flying Tracer” undertones of those changes.

3 Likes

Linking my other thread cus I think I explain my rework idea better there then I could in an off the cuff response here
The TL;DR of the concepts is Rez tied to the Valk, Valk itself is overhauled to move it’s power out of passive places and an E that can have impactful plays and require a type of skill that scales all the way to GM (In my case it’s timing, the same skillset give or take as Zarya bubbles)

The hero cannot be buffed without increasing the skill ceiling… She is balanced right now…

92% of players are below diamond. For 92% of people mercy is the best option for healer

As many Mercy mains before me have said;

Revert to 1.0 before invulnerability.
Increase HPS to 60.

Resurrect as ultimate:
-Requires LoS
-Damage reduction during casting
-1 or 2 second cast time
-FULL movement control during casting. (As in, she isn’t a snail.)
-Stunnable/hackable during casting

-Valkyrie either completely scrapped or moved to E with a 15 second cooldown for a quick getaway or a hyperbuff of her team for 3 seconds with healing/damage boost combined into one.
-Either this or that one damage reduction on an Enemy that Titanium suggested on their thread.

She cannot be balanced how she is now. Resurrect as an ability/on cooldown is too powerful and needs to be reverted to her ultimate.

5 Likes

Which is why Mercy is the most picked in 0% of ranks, right?

5 Likes

None of this or increases the skill floor or ceiling of the hero.

The hero is currently balanced. She cannot receive straight buffs without a downside.

It should look something like this…

Rework.
Beam now does 40hps but u can burst heal for 50 every 4 seconds by perfectly clicking a hero with a McCree gun like hitbox…

That way it is possible to loose value if performed poorly… while of performed perfectly can have incredibly high value

But, yeah, it would increase the skill ceiling because you’d have to think before using it. Like you did before, but a bit moreso if it had a cast time. Unless a Zarya was alive, you’d have a lot to worry about and you’d have to keep track of enemy stuns more than before.

She is not balanced how she is.
She can’t outheal Winston’s tickle gun.
She can’t use damage boost unless she wants to risk her healing target dying.
She can’t juggle how she used to unless she wants another person to die.
She is awful right now and her ultimate is barely impactful during a teamfight.
And, resurrect on a cooldown is not balance-able. It’s too powerful to be a cooldown ability.

Mercy is supposed to be a 1-star difficulty hero. Right now, she definitely is.

Thinking about when to use an ability is not a skill and it is not specific to mercy all heros have to think about their abilities…

It has to be something that is harder to perform on an individual basis.

It has to be something that has a lower %probablity of happening

Turning her into an aim-based hero would be increasing her difficulty to a 2-star.
She needs to remain in the 1-star area while also being viable.

(Which, she isn’t right now.)

Resurrect felt rewarding. Valkyrie doesn’t.

There are a lot of great ideas, but I’ll put the most common ones I’ve seen.

• Mass rez returns with LOS fixes and no invul as well as higher ult charge (takes longer). Can be tweaked. Add an E ability such as damage reduction, cleanse or amped healing (if she remains at 50-55 HP/S)

• Get rid of rez E and put 3 charges on Valk, get rid of chain beams. This way Mercy manually rezes each person, allowing even more counterplay.

3 Likes
  1. You underestimate how much of a hit to her power it is to be removing rez from her E and making it an ult once again
  2. My proposed ult is weaker over all then mass rez in every sense of the word and the only time Mercy looked powerful with mass rez was wn her competition was unplayabled due to nerfs and a meta built entirely out of her counters.
  3. Ther eason she was UP is because she had little to no mid fight utility compared to said competition outside of ult, ult’s can’t carry a hero even if they have as much raw power as the mass rez ult, so my proposed ult sure as hell ain’t gonna carry her which means other aspects need a buff

I want my fun mercy but if I’m going to be spending time designing it then I’ll try to do it right and that means not a freaking F tier

1 Like

No she doesn’t need to be 1-star…

Your turning mercy into a theory #1 that people play her for a free lunch…

I really though people would be okay with higher skill cap mercy as long as it kept the essence of mercy and her lore maybe I was wrong

I mean you just hold left click the entire time and hope the enemy team doesnt ult and instantly kill all your teammates at once as you fly back to spawn for your team.

So fun and engaging /s

3 Likes

Gawd who does that it sounds dreadful

I’d rather she be that than the unfun, braindead, non-impactful pigeon she currently is.

Mercy is supposed to be a go-to for people just starting out. Ergo, her one-star difficulty.
She shouldn’t need aim to heal people. Moira doesn’t. She just has to look in their general direction. Zenyatta doesn’t even have to look at them and for Lucio you just have to stand near him.
But, then again, they’re all 2-3 star difficulty.

Ana - 3 star (requires aim)
Zenyatta - 3 star
Moira - 2 star
Lucio - 2 star
Mercy - 1 star
Brigitte - 1 star (yet she’s a jack of all trades who does everything too well.)