OK Blizz, you win

PTR is probably only played by serious players. Its not indicative of the general OW population

1 Like

I absolutely agree, SR is just garbage right now. No matter how well you do in your role, it just takes your last few ranks and puts you in that area. This is how you create toxicity actually. I was actually looking forward to this change, but what’s the point now?
The solution would be resetting the whole thing. And for the love of god, do NOT take QP stats into account. Those are absolutely irrelevant.

I’ve experienced the opposite. I have found myself feeling more helpless than ever if I’m on support and it’s a obvious loss (because I’m stuck on support) however objectively thinking about it, it happens less than before anyway. It’s going to suck going into a new season as we will have to wait for the sr to level out a bit all over again, but just wait.

This patch does not make people more toxic. But will eliminate more toxic players.

toxic player will be lowered in that role. You will not meeting the player those who climbed up with other role. And de-ranked by that role.

This patch is not destroy the GOAT plan. But will screen players who don’t care about teamwork. The teamwork taught me that if a problem occurs. Don’t blaming together. But it is a collaboration to help solve problems together.

this is bullsh!t, because even if the bad people derank, they will still ruin the games for try-hard lower tier players.

1 Like

How would people that are “bad” at 3000 that drop to a rank of 2500, ruin games at the lower rank?

You are absolutely saying what is going on my mind. The game is getting worse and worse and blizzard is just keeping on doing what their doing. I just want the good old overwatch back w/o all these annoying and USELESS heroes like ashe or sigma. And now on top they destroyed the freedom of filling or just playing what you are good at in competitive. Now people will say you can still play what you want, just choose dps healer or tank? NO. The point of playing a good ranked round is that everyone fits in the team just as it is the best against the enemies and not playing a fixed role that you cannot change. But back to your comment, YES it is true that everyone is just like hmm imma take dps i never play dps but hm could be funny. If someone would play like that in the old system, i would try to convince him of fitting into the team so that we can win. Blizzard has also destroyed those wonderful 3-2-1 or even 3 tanks - 3 healers (trust me ive won uncountable matches with this) combs, wich I still love. What also comes with this system is that NOBODY is caring about the combs anymore, everybody is just consistantly playing their main. And everyone who replied to Mort saying that the ppl arent toxic and this would be a lie, please be aware of how much luck you have, because ive played about 10 rounds and in every round EVERYONE who i was trying to normally speak to and tell to switch for countering the enemies yelled at me how dumb i am and how bad i would play (almost every round i had gold dmg and kills - tank or dps), and in the end weve lost bc the enemies had a fkn easy game. - I HAVE NOT WON A SINGLE ROUND SINCE THE UPDATE. Please trust me when Im saying that this is not bc of me, bc im the last person that blames others when im playing bad.
So blizzard if you see this, i beg you dont take the last amount of fun out of this game, i dont know about the other palyers but if this beta gets reality, i am not going to spend one more second playing overwatch. (Overwatch has been my absolutely favourite game since over 2 years)
I just wish it was 2017 again when Overwatch was the most exciting thing on my PC.
Excuse my english, im a german :wink:

becau[quote=“Chaubie-1576, post:109, topic:388710, full:true”]

How would people that are “bad” at 3000 that drop to a rank of 2500, ruin games at the lower rank?
[/quote]

on their way down they will pull good ppl with them…

I’ve encountered way more toxicity from it than before. I’m in bronze and that’s a mess to begin with. Now I get people calling women some things that I would knock them off their feet it they said it in public. Dps players are yelling at the tanks and support as they go off and die. Yup role q didn’t cause toxicity, but it sure hasn’t slowed it down.

Yeah, to go deep down with SR when u have braindamaged DPS, bcz now u simply cant switch off healer and show them how to kill peoples

1 Like

I guess people have different experiences (shrugs)

My experience so far has been great. I’ve had maybe 4 toxic matches out of the 60 matches I’ve played

I’ve definitely had a handful of games where my team just gets rolled, but that happens to everyone. For the most part, the games have been more competitive than in the prior format

For a reference, I started in season 11, I went all the way to Bronze, was stuck in Silver for seasons 13-16, finally made it to Gold in 17 and climbed to high gold. Placed mid-Gold for healer in RQ, and climbed to Plat (2556 currently).

I have no problem killing people and you are also the reason they made the change because you most likely randomly switch from main support or main tank which is basically throwing

Ty for sharing your opinion, i think this post wont take a way best thing what ever have happened : Forced 2 / 2 / 2 have just made my games better and better and finally i really like to play main Tank.

I had little to no toxicity so far and had great communication. Mid gold to mid plat EU

It’s not about switching to dps, its about people switching from a role they never play before into a role they are more comfortable with - in the situation that they’re losing the game.

With this system, they can’t do that, so everyone stuck with a role they’re bad at.

1 Like

I feel like the toxicity is about where it was before role q. People are exaggerating and either saying they get no games with toxicity or all their games are toxic. Neither one of these can be the answer. Either that or the person posting is the one controlling the amount of toxicity… For me I haven’t really experienced a lot of toxicity besides maybe 1 game. However i have a friend who tends to be a little arrogant and according to him a lot of his games are filled with toxic people. A lot of times you are the one that needs to change not other people. Realize that and things will get better.

it IS about switching from tank and healer to dps. it ALWAYS has been. blame dps, more dps, you suc* , let me dps. this is how its been. this is the reality within the game 95%+ of the times. what you are describing are som fantasy that not existed inside reality

4 Likes

222 is like having a car with an engine that doesn’t run and then giving it a new coat of paint.

The car looks shiny and new but it still doesn’t run properly.

Normal comp was full of team mates that didn’t have a bloody clue what they were doing and selfish dps that refused to adapt to what the team needed, or even be able to secure kills, so business as usual, really…

I’m just using this as quickplay 222 to learn new heroes.

After all, if I can “git gud” enough to kill a Pharah by myself as support when the 2 hitscan dps have just swung hammers or used a tesla cannon previously, then I’m in good shape when the system settles down in several months and my dps can do their jobs consistently.

Truth has spoken.
Best example when your team faces Pharah: You can bet your buttcheeks that in the second round you have at least 4+DPS, more likely 5

4 Likes

its always been about blaming and not adapting. working together in fast pased games are hard. its more easy to blame whatever and whenever.