Oh look at that? just like i said, top level players are predicting hanzo to become a throw pick

They could have tweaked him way better. This won’t solve any issue cause he’ll still be able to one shot people and people are going to still complaining. If he is still meta, he’ll be nerfed next time and they won’t revert his projectile speed nerf.

whenever i see people say hanzo will become a throw pick like before his rework it always confuses me because they tend to ignore that his rework added more than just the bow speed.

1 Like

Hahaha. This Youtuber must be out of his mind…

What indirect buff does Widowmaker or Ashe receive? Dive is coming back with the Dva mobility buff, and with a Dva engaging periodically and running away before matrix is used up, snipers will be going through hell.

Hanzo needed nerfs. And I don’t even think these nerfs are enough. Storm arrows are not what makes a good Hanzo good. They are what makes a bad Hanzo decent. Instead, we should look at changes to his mobility and primary fire to truly bring down his power level.

3 Likes

he had scatter, which could one shot tanks, and kill dives for 0 aim, and he still had wall climb.

You’re completely misunderstanding the video for several reasons:

1. Arrge is 90% biased for Hanzo, considering he almost one-tricks him. Pretty much any other pro will say he’s still strong
  2. He is just upset he has to relearn his aim a 2nd time
  3. He still wanted him nerfed, just not his primary fire
13 Likes

Technically, this arrow speed change is a revert, since it’s going back to what it was pre-rework.

2 Likes

I disagree.

I want some common sense balancing stuff from other games.

Nobody heals more than the single target healers. Revert Mercy to 60 hps. Nerf the healing of all aoe healers to less than 60 hps. Give Moira 50 hps. Give Baptiste 40 hps and revert his immortality field.

Nerf damage down so the damage level is closer to launch. Nerf new hero damage too. Nerf dynamite for example.

Burst damage is strong enough to one shot but inconsistent. Sustain has to contend with healing but always hits it’s mark.

That’s how most games do things and I don’t know why this one doesn’t borrow some of those design ideas.

4 Likes

You could randomly grab a bunch of opinions from the forums and you could probably find a top level player to support at least 40% of those opinions.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TentativeUglyEagleNomNom

What Hanzo’s nerf actually looks like, btw.

6 Likes

Scatter was very inconsistent, that’s why it was removed. Wall climb was buggy and itself has been improved.

1 Like

I don’t understand what the debate is even about in this thread. Onetricks are pretty hecking bad at knowing what will hurt their OP hero. I remember t500 mercy mains saying that the first round of nerfs on moth mercy would end her (and for the 2nd round, and 3rd round…).

2 Likes

“Top level players” aka one guy aka Arrge the Hanzo OTP that can’t even stay in GM half of the season and whose only achievement is to have said “FREEEEEESHHHNOOOOOTS” way too much.

OK :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so nerfing it back to when he was a throw pick when we already know it makes him terrible is a good idea how then???

oh? really? show me a patch note that says wall climbed was changed.

because I play a lot of genji and hanzo and cant seem to remember one outside of making it auto walk over tiny lips.

what was “buggy” about it before? tell me, because Id love to know.

Hanzo has never at any point been a throw pick. He needs this nerf. I’ve been saying he needed the projectile speed decrease, specifically, for a long time. I’m not a streamer, though, so that might invalidate my opinion.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it will, but it might, he has storm arrows and lunge now, so things won’t be 100% like they were before.

I think this makes him more mid/short range for sure though.

Question though, so i can climb the most janky surfaces as hanzo no problem, with the exception of a few spots, but struggle with perfectly flat surfaces with gengu and eeven worse with janky ones.

Is it like that for you also?

I tend to wall climb next to lips and just jump or leap to avoid getting caught up on janky surfaces,

if you are talking about things like Nepal with the pavilion and climbing up to the ledge and getting over it, no I don’t have an issue with either of them getting over it

Here is one example, and I know they fixed some bugs with it. It used to randomly not work on some walls and such.

He has been a throw pick up until his rework. He was literally a throw pick for years.

3 Likes

He also says Hanzo is a 7 in strength in 10 scale with the nerf, and may even go up to be a 9 out of 10 in a few months.

Let’s not forget that shall we?

1 Like

Hmmm so it is me, I always felt like it was, but my best example is on dorado, mid way to the second point, where there are the columns to high ground, i can do the first little up on both no problem, on hanzo i can get straight to the top after, but with gengu i just detach near the top and fall to often my death haha.