Official Smurf hangout/social thread

Hey fellow smurfs. The game may be getting more droll as we wait for the summer when OW2 releases.

In the meantime, I have found it really, really fun to play games with inexperienced players, especially new ones. It never gets old having the agency to turn the entire match around on a whim. I also like to practice heroes I’m absolutely horrible at with these new players. Sometimes I literally play below their level and I get rolled :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

… GAH, I can’t hold it in! I am so excited to meet fellow smurfs (confirmed legal and uunbannable by numerous devs)

zooms around like a deflating balloon

Fellow smurfs, don’t be shy. Please share your experiences here. My best game was when I spawned camped them causing them to leave and new friends to join :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

everyone had a blast that game.

3 Likes

I love smurf. Definitely one of the best tank players out there and probably better than super :^)

4 Likes
1 Like

This is the smelliest bait…

7 Likes

This has the same energy as some of my favorite copypastas

“You’re a female gamer, 'tis an awesome thing to see! I’m not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I’ll be the one in the kitchen =D”

and

(Jaw drops to the floor. Eyes pop out. Sound effect of “AWOOGA AWOOOGA!!!”

and

"But u have…to be my girlfriend! (snickers nefariously) (Thinks to self) Man if this works I’ll get this girl to be my GF and I’ll ride all the cool rollercoasters! C’mon luck, be a lady tonight!! (crosses fingers and gulps) S-so what do you say (adjusts collar and waits patiently)

1 Like

So am I going to get reported to oblivion for posting?
Screw it, I don’t care about this game all that much at this point so i’ll take the bait, although smurfing isn’t actually an actionable offence and that’s on blizzard, not me.

I pretty much only do it to play genji as he’s my favourite hero but I’m just not built to play him at my main rank, I used to think I could train my Genji in low ranks to bring him back to my main account but the game is now 5 years old and it’s safe to say that’s never going to happen.

I usually just one-trick him and never switch regardless of the amount of counters with the logic being if I’m that bad at Genji I deserve to derank for it.
Every once in a while I actually pop off and at that point I’m genuinely smurfing, it’s happening a lot more since the Genji buffs and I’m now climbing and the weirdest thing is finding I’m upset about it, I just don’t derive any pleasure from playing games at my rank win or lose so my main has been abandoned for the last 2 years almost.

I don’t really play the game that much anymore and I haven’t been on the forums since I quit for a few months a while back but I’m finding the game mostly fun if I don’t play longer that 1-2 hours.

2 Likes

The smurfs movies are trash.

here is mine experience, when roleQ was implemented, I’ve just said “I am done with you Jeff, here is what you get from me now!” And jeff dislikes that video as hard as he can with his forum bots =)

2 Likes

Therapists and prison guards, take note.

Could you explain your comment? I am out of the loop for overwatch-smurf-lingo

Ok. The OP shares a sentiment, or way of thinking that will land them in trouble eventually due to it’s short-sightedness and total lack of empathy. I get that it was a sarcastic troll post, but there are many players that really behave that way.

You’re mistaken then. I and many other smurfs are actually selfless and are giving inexperienced players free hands-on tutoring for open-source strategies that right-size their needs and pilot a top-to-bottom rethinking of your ranking relations?

Thats a very long and drawn out way of saying “I’m a sociopath.” I’m not targeting you specifically.

I’m sorry, where is your M.D, MBBS/MBchB D.O and how many tears of practice for psychiatry?

Smurfs are friends, take your prejudiced thinking back to the 10th century

Nobody asked for your coaching. They want a fair match, not a mentor. Maybe they like the rank they’re at and see no reason to improve. There’s more to the game than just winning and being the best. Smurfs have no intentions of helping people unless it justifies their own selfish desires for power and dominance.

They don’t know what they want. Blizzard knows this also since they promote smurfing with OWL by handing out free accounts.

Of course! My sessions involve lots of fun times shared equitably.

Sometimes, my pupils run away crying, but it’s ok as they usually come back or I find new ones to play with.

I don’t do it for power :yum: or dominance :star_struck: : I once had a sliver player come up to me and personally congratulate me for helping them learn so much more about a game they loved.

People like you put no action towards helping others. You just do nothing but criticize the ones trying to improve society. It may not be perfect, but at least tangible results are being made.

Go volunteer at a soup kitchen, a food bank, a woman’s shelter or a slivers game in comp.

Starting helping people through action.