(Official) New experimental patch notes! (Massive changes!)

Lol. What?

Slam gets more damage for more airtime, You want as much damage from slam as possible to setup easy kills. Using E at close range deals almost no significant damage and is a waste of the cooldown.

If you are doing proper rollouts at high level play you would never engage with punch and then slam because it leaves you with no cooldowns to get out.

You would either secure an elim with punch and use your other 2 cooldowns to get into a good position OR engage with slam/uppercut combo and punch out. Using all 3 cooldowns is suicide (unless it’s to clean up a fight or all the teams resources are being given to you).

This buff will make high level doom play better and everyone else won’t really utilize this buff properly.

This was supposed to be a joke… Why is it progressing

3 Likes

nvm…i relogged and now the code isnt working either

Agree to disagree.

50% Fortify, a headshotting primary, and the game-winner that is Supercharger definitely helped me win a lot of games, personally.

2 Likes

So they’re really just taking the piss about this, right.

More like the Cass changes are meant for OW2.

Almost like how strong a hero is and how Fun a hero is, aren’t the same thing.

6 Likes

so you want to win on your favorite hero? Is this how entitles support players have become? It’s not enough to have some of the most OP ladder heroes in the game, it has to be MY FAVORITE HERO to be OP too?

The goal of the game is to swap heroes when countered and come up with alternative strategies in an attempt to gain an edge… it was advertised like this 6 years ago, too, where they explicitly stated that the main feature of the game, compared to TF2, CSGO and whatnot is that you can swap heroes MID-ROUND.

I guess support players with a thick brain didn’t get the message that this game wasn’t sold as a plat Ana 1 trick respawn simulator

You obviously never came to the supports only meeting where we discuss being evil and eat cookies.

2 Likes

Did I say supports were weak? :clown_face:

1 Like

maybe you should just lower your expectations, you want support to be strong, fun, and also YOUR favorite support to be the meta one. Literal :clown_face: this is the people are attracted to support, no wonder the game is dead.

"I’m WiNniNg BuT nOt HaVinG fUn :frowning: " :clown_face:

Just to give you an equivalent of how dumb your logic is, you wanting to win with your favorite hero is like you wanting to win in a Chess game by refusing to use the Queen (too cheesy broken piece) and wanting to win only with pawns instead. The goal of the game is to use ALL heroes in your role to secure the win, that’s how the game is meant to be played.

I figure Supports will be more self sufficient, making big plays, and generally Fun for in a “class based shooter” context

Is it released yet? My friend and I updated the game but it shows no experiment gamemode.

why the hell are they keep buffing one of the best dps in the game… this makes no sense

2 Likes

Now low elo heroes are easier to play. Great…

On the bright side, Orisa changes are very interesting.

I’d still personally prefer Javelin to Halt and not having move speed penalty while firing. But apart from that, yeah, I know what you mean. Maybe there’s a chance Spin doesn’t make it out of beta and Orisa gets a more interesting version of barrier instead! Nobody complains about Sigma’s barrier being boring to use*, they only hate fighting against it.

Now I’m sitting here patiently waiting for the card to come back up to see what’s what. :moyai:

*outside of when Sigma’s barrier’s cooldown gets nerfed, anyway

1 Like

it was up, but then they removed it

I saw this appear on my Xbox but as soon as I started reading the patch notes the experimental option disappeared. Why’s that?

Are you kidding me? No! Leave Overwatch 1 alone!! Some people have ZERO interest in the BS you’re doing with Overwatch 1.5, and if other people want to play that game LET THEM! Don’t force the changes on to people who don’t want them!! This has nothing to do with transition and everything to do with trying to force people who have vocally not liked the changes to play the new game. My friends and I play Overwatch 1 EVERY DAY because WE LIKE IT. We like the CC. We like tanks that are TANKS. We like adapting strategies to turrets, and gameplay that makes you THINK. None of us are interested in OW2, keep that garbage out of the game we already play every day.

if the game is “so good you’ll see” like all your stubborn, “we know better” dps chad devs have been saying EVERY TIME large parts of the community has said “we don’t like this” then LET THE GAME SELL ITSELF.

Before anyone responds, if you like the changes in OW1.5, GREAT!! PLAY THAT WHEN IT COMES OUT!!! Plenty of people are not happy with OW1.5 Downgrade Edition, and anyone who is excited has the option to go play that instead! LEAVE OVERWATCH 1 ALONE!!! There’s a reason you keep having to rerelease old titles like WOW Classic and D2, to turn a profit, your dev teams are systematically ruining every franchise you have by having people who don’t understand them overdevelop them.

2 Likes

I’m guessing there was some hilarious bug, like Torb having no recovery time on his gun or something.

1 Like