(Official) Mercy rez change (I dont know?)

Source:

HERO UPDATES
Mercy
Resurrect

• Mercy can now attempt to resurrect teammates who die in environmental death pits
  • When resurrecting, the resurrect marker will now freeze in place for the duration of the resurrection.
  • Dev Note: Previously, if a teammate died over a death pit their resurrect marker was hidden and fell into the pit. Now, Mercy will see their resurrect market and can resurrect before it falls to the bottom.
  • Holding the ability button for resurrect while it’s on cooldown will now attempt the resurrect once the cooldown finishes

Wait I dont know if this means environmental kills or kills over pits

5 Likes

That’s dope. Inb4 all the Lucio, Doom & Ball mains complain about this :sweat_smile: Sorry guys!

3 Likes

Poor Lucio can’t catch a break

1 Like

Rip lucio

2 Likes

I dont see it being that impactful tbh. More QoL than balance

Im more dissapointed we arent getting actual changes if anything

1 Like

That’s so lame

3 Likes

So this going to work heroes who can get themselves out after the rez?

I’ll need to see it in action. How far down the death pit is the ally resurrected? If I Rez my Hog friend, does he just fall down again because no vertical mobility?

4 Likes

yeah i was hyped for the creator experimental. I guess we have to wait a couple days?

Trash buff but what evs. They might as well make immortality field also stop players from falling off the map while they’re at it

1 Like

An indirect nerf to knock back CC i guess?

How long before Lucio realizes he can bait Mercy to the edge of the pit…?

2 Likes

Devs showing their Support bias once again. What happens when your team has more support mains than dps or tank mains. Only Supports get these kind of “QoL” buffs :\

This is just a QoL, it seriously isn’t anything lol.

This only affects pharah/echo, because no other hero is coming back out of the pit after being rezzed…

People are acting like this will rez you and then pull you out of the pit… which, is not at all what this is…

1 Like

this is a joke, she absolutely doesn’t need it

she shouldn’t even have a shot at it

I feel like if you die by enviro as those two then you just deserve to stay dead

2 Likes

How often does pharah/echo even die over a pit?

Guys, this doesn’t bring back people who get booped off the map…

2 Likes

Is no one reading the patch note in these replies?! Like tornado clearly wrote it out.

That rez sounds so difficult to get that it’s not even worth trying for and people just read “can now attempt to rez environmental deaths” and start panicking.

1 Like

So I can legit just troll my teammates by ressing them over a pit so they die again?

What is this change and why was it required? Let the dead people stay dead so they can respawn. :joy:

Confusing what this means for falling soul resses.

1 Like

It’s a quality of life change.

Since Mercy players are always being picked on by their teammates, they can now get revenge when said teammates get booped on Lijiang Tower.

We had jaded Rambo Mercy DPS. Now, we will have the angel of death.