(OFFICAL) MCCREE's NAME IS CHANGING!

Will you be sticking to your existing lore? Sombra already said it’s not his real name anyway, and he wrote a glowing article about himself under the pen name Joel.

if they don’t name him mcfan the hammer then i’m cancelling overwatch!

I didn’t said anything about that, next time refer to the right person first before insulting.

AFAIK the art is already mostly done for OW2, it’s things like balance that needs work so these changes wouldn’t delay things much, if at all.

Also read and consider the top part of my comment c:

I don’t know, they did said the balance change will take a while.

No; it quite literally does. If we go to an extreme just imagine if Blizzard named a hero Jeffrey Epstein after the real life figure. It’d be just as problematic.

At least we won’t get more McCree is OP threads

1 Like

You’re the one choosing to defend him buddy.

I’m pretty sure the Joel remarks are a reference to Joel McCrea, an actor known for appearing in westerns, but it is as good a narrative launching point for revealing his new name as any.

I’m not defending anyone, I’m just trying to make a statement like it or not.

We will get Joel is op instead.

It was a reference to early promotional material, and implies McCree wrote this article about himself.

3 Likes

“From now on we’ll all refer to him by the name…BETTY!”

1 Like

Cause i dont think the guy who wrote this or the devs have this sort of power. We gotta pressure the leadership for the actual change.

I’m only now seeing a casual Zenyatta face on the right side referencing another article about Detroit Omnium and I wonder if that has any significance.

1 Like

Meh, I hope the change is to something like Jesse Creedon or something like that.

all of this?! this should lead us to assume that there will be a major distortion to the global change of the name, not just a part of the surname or name. but … any information on the “candidate name” currently?

but above all … are you really sure that it will be worth it at the end?

It will not happen before OW2 imo, well I wonder how they do for all cinematics now.
Oh never mind I didn’t see the blue post.

Touch some grass lol

3 Likes

You guys are really going all of the way with this and i gotta give you props for it.

(If you need a name suggestion i would suggest “DeadEye” like his ult, and perhaps take one of his eye and make it robotic to add to the theme)