Nvidia Reflex Frame Drop and Doesn't Disable Correctly

I have an RTX 3080 and before the update I consistently got 400 frames (350+ in big teamfights). I heard from IDDQD that Nvidia Reflex + Boost is good for new generation cards (20+). So, I turned on Nvidia Reflex + Boost and my average gpu usage went from 50% to 90%. I thought oh this is gonna be good so in big teamfights I will get 400 frames still. I was wrong. Even in training range, the highest I can get my frames to is 165 and that is on the lowest settings. I had no idea why this was the reason except the only difference was I turned on the nvidia boost setting. So, I turned it off and even restarted the client, restarted my PC, and nothing. Still sitting at 90% usage and 165 max frames. I know this is the problem because after I reinstalled overwatch and reinstalled graphics drivers (to reset reflex settings) it went back to 50% and 400 avg fps. After testing it seems the default setting is that reflex + boost is always on until you reinstall the graphics driver: if I turn on the setting, there is no real way to disable its terrible effects except to reinstall graphics driver. Reinstalling Overwatch is not necessary. If I restart my PC, for some reason it seems the setting somehow turned itself on and to get good frames I have to reinstall my graphics driver to disable the nvidia reflex every time I have to restart my PC. This is a HUGE problem. Nvidia reflex + boost should improve my performance not drastically kill it. If anyone knows how to fix this I would appreciate but I think it’s just not implemented correctly. Please remove this feature or fix it so I don’t have to go through hell every time I want to play with decent frames.

1 Like

I have the same issue, 2080ti, 9940x 64gb ram and game running off a samsung 970 evo 2tb. Before I would average 240-320 fps, with reflex on i cant get over 142 and drop in to the 70-90 range in big fights… this is bad please fix this!!!

I have the same issue