Now that we have younger D.Va

Is d.va even younger? It looks like she’s wearing a costume.
(Btw young Ana has always been a thing, idk why you waited until the d.va skin to request this)

7 Likes

literally 2 seconds in google can confirm it. this is a Korean law student uniform

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/52/4c/e6/524ce60b34350df5767b686bb930ad0f.jpg

1 Like

This could be one of the funniest pictures you have posted in its context.

1 Like

It also looks like a high school uniform. And given what we know of D.va from actual official lore, including that her original concept was a high school girl in a mech, it makes far more sense for it to be one.

So unless an actual dev says otherwise, I’m gonna stick to one that is closer to her character.

1 Like

But isn’t D.Va super serious and thus would be into law to punish criminals? Maybe slide a little backwards and livestream an execution for her first murder 1 win.

D.va is in the military, a pro gamer, and spokeswoman for various products like Nanocola plus the Korean government. There is no indication she is also a law student.

2 Likes

high school uniforms don’t have the emblems on embroidered on them, because the uniforms are supposed to be able to be transferred from school to school, only colleges have their own emblem on them, and the back of the mech literally says “judge” on it. as in the law. its a law student.

1 Like

I see examples of the emblem on them on Google. Also, why would a law student have judge on there? They aren’t qualified to be making those kinds of claims.

Meanwhile her original concept was high school girl piloting a mech, a very popular anime trope. And her mech also pays homage to those same animes. Why then wouldn’t this simply be a sendup to her concept? High school girl in a mech. Her hair is pigtails.

which they scrapped, because they didn’t like the idea of children being killed in game, so they made her a military girl. you literally cant be in the military and school at the same time. its a college student. what high school girl do you know at 19 that hasn’t flunked a year?

because you have to go through law school to be a judge? duh?

answer this question, why would they have the uniform of a law student from south korea, and write judge on the mech, but not be modeling her after a law student?

so shes a gradeschooler? because the only school girl concept where pigtails are a thing, is gradeschool.

1 Like

Doesn’t mean they can put 19 year old D.va in a skin that pays homage to the concept and the animes the idea comes from.

And D.va is in the military. She’s not a student.

As already pointed out to you, it looks like a high school one as well.

Could easily be the name of the character or class she mained. In her very obviously video game mech.

Not uncommon to see them on high school girls in the Japanese animes the mech pays homage to. It’s usually only seen on younger girls, and makes the uniform appear more juvenile.

I think it’s pretty strongly implied by the game that Mercy doesn’t age naturally, probably due to her messing about with nanites.

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh yes, scads and oodles of them. All the best people want this.

Depends where you’re from. In the UK we have emblems on pretty much all high school uniforms.

Never say that again

that’s true, but this is a Korean uniform

Welp it’s confirmed to be a high school skin

Imgur

So let me get this straight D va has time for law school, begin a police officer and is paro of Mekka. D Va really is a power range.

I’m still shocked that it was necessary to say it in the first place. It’s a sign of the times when you can’t trust participants in an online forum dedicated to a video game to have impeccable sensibilities.