Now afraid about DPSWatch 2

it’s going to be more fun for broad gamer audience.
the niche it had, a recluse for ppl that shouldn’t be in fps (even hybrid fps), will be subdued. but in compensation those ppl get PvE modes so all things fine?

as someone who plays lots of hero shooters, beta tested ow1,
and stuck with qpc/open/tdm after the 222 lockdown deleted my friends list…

then i like the idea of shifting it to faster tempo.
not just in ttk and aim%, but in actions/sec and the like.
not dialed to cod/apex levels, but like tdm/opencomp types of clap.
u can abs be geom’d by more than 1 thing at any one time so be rdy to dial up ur sensitivity bcuz multiple flankers will dive u simul.
no more tunnel visioning down some choke with lolpocket lolshield.
i mean luul seriously at this point bronze players are better than golds/plats because of how selfish they play, and how much micro agency they need to hold their own.

so there will be a rude awakening for ppl that were entirely propt up by “inclusivity” based design.

this is the only issue of those listed above that i have.
wrong for many reasons not really related to ttk/flow

Hold up! Do you have a source for Winston!?

Dude they revealed that last Blizzcon alongside of leaking JQ POV model (sort of confirming her as a hero.)

You need to catch up. (it’s old news)

(Will post a link a sec to help Full Known OW2 Changes so far: Warning Big List)

I’ve not but really keeping up as much as I should. Just busy.

1 Like

There the link above to help, likely more stuff in coming months.

Thank you I loved reading it and showed my bf.

1 Like

I’m extremely worried for the state of OW and for OW2

It only takes 1/3 of tank mains switching to another role to make q times worse than now. And given at LEAST 2/3 of current tank players are “offtank mains” I don’t think many of them will be happy to play Reinhardt all day every day (as people are still likely to screech We NeEd A rEiNhArDt every game).

Have we not outgrown this whole childish “Thing I Don’t Like-Watch” naming convention yet?

Widow’s in the game, guess it’s “Sniperwatch”

Mei, McCree, and Roadhog? “CCWatch”

Such a lack of imagination in you lot.

1 Like

Oh wow, they balance in the favor of 90% of the players. Big news.
The current tank players numbers are insignificant therefore the changes .

1 Like

woke up this morning to two of topics yesterday to be the two top topics…

Hope Devs take notice why.,

Lol, do you even play this game?

9/10 times you don’t get a supportive off tank. You pick Rein and the second tank just picks whatever they feel like, if they havent instalocked already. MOST of the time you end up with a hog or a ball that spends their entire time solo flanking and feeding. Sig is pretty meh against sombra. DVA or Zarya is better.

From what they have shown the same problem existed with 5v5 that existed with 3-1-2 experimental.

The frag potential just mutes so many heroes kits.

How quickly the pro Genji got in the backline to clean up there is was nothing that lone Rein could do.

And the Supports picked up on the pace realizing DPS first then sustain because trying to heal through that Sombra hacks buff didn’t always cut it in that exhibition.

It looked arcadey and fun, but going dm was more consistent than other teamwork strats.

My current impression of the game is I don’t see a downside to playing dps outside of wait times.

I don’t think Hack is going to stay like that. Cause hack+discord and a competent sniper or burst dps will be too fun not to abuse.

1 Like

First they came for the tanks. Next they will come for the supports. Both roles will be a shadow of their former glory.

The core players for the tank role already left which is why queue times are what they are. They left a long time ago and the devs either can’t fix it or won’t fix it. 5v5 is their “solution” which is to just need fewer tanks. And I fear you are right that next up is the support player base. And then you won’t have enough support players and maybe still not enough tank players and queue times will really be bad.

2 Likes

at this moment I get the feeling Support is just to make people who’s playin this role suffer for no reason.

dav’s be like
low dmg, low heal, standard movment speed. hmm… only passive self-healing.
they already op.
Tanks few buff for hog and rain. I don’t see any tanks more… WAIT!!! 1s nerf for diva boosters and 2s cd fpo sigma shield. ok now that’s all tank hero.

lets give dps more damge

He’s getting an extra long range ability. They covered this a while ago:

i am willing to try it out but i STILL find it strange they decided to just straight out change everything about the game that is going on currently. it adds MORE WORK for them and delays the game EVEN more when they could have stuck with the same formula. its mind boggling actually since now they have to re-balance every hero for 5v5 and hope people dont get discouraged and leave the game IF their whole idea was to REDUCE QUEUE times in the first place :laughing:

Dps role is the weakes role in this game, unless they have some synergies. Ow2 supose to be less team reliant, so they work in right direction.

4th sign is when you nerf healing down to the ground so there’s zero chances of actually healing anything during combat

DPS watch is actually coming.

• As mentioned: 25% less healing when in combat and 4 seconds afterwards. Any dmg will put you in combat, even a single D.Va pellet doing 0.4 dmg from across the map. He assumes that this will not stay in the game.
  • He thinks that the power level of the roles is “DPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> healers >> tank” now which doesn’t feel good: “healers are literally weaker in OW 2 and there’s only one tank now, so as a tank you’re taking the brunt of the impact.”
3 Likes

Everything can be changed and adjusted.