Notice: The older forum platform is now permanently offline

Hey everyone, I just recently discovered and confirmed with Blizzard that the old forum platform is now permanently offline. This was to be expected after nearly two years of having the new Discourse forum platform.

Unfortunately, this means a very large majority of developer responses are now lost to the sands of time. A while back I did screenshot a good portion of Jeff Kaplan’s posts (unfortunately not all of them). I will try to find some way to have them available for access to the community for what I saved.

In the meantime, if anyone needs access to a specific subject for your discussions, please let me know and I will be happy to share anything I have on hand with you. I also don’t know how this will affect my developer post archives, but I will try to get those updated as soon as possible.

25 Likes

All that feedback from Mercy official threads gone forever? How will Blizz ever address them?

16 Likes

Heroes may never die, but old discussions will… that is why we need to make new ones.

10 Likes

Damn, that old Brig genetics argument thread got lost then

2 Likes

Brigitta? Not likely, she was introduced in March of 2018 and the new forum platform was released then.

I love sarcasm

2 Likes

oh good, evidence deleted. :laughing:

4 Likes

That’s too bad. A lot of responses about how things work were on that forum, not this one.

3 Likes

Are you saying we need another 6 Mercy threads with 10k replies?
I disagree

7 Likes

Don’t have to revise history when it’s forgotten with a mouseclick.

3 Likes

Yes. Or 10k mercy threads with 6 replies.

14 Likes

RIP DVa megathreads

2 Likes

I am going to miss the old “FPS LOSS” Mega thread… :wink:

Followed by the “BRING BACK MASS REZ” thread.

2 Likes

I’m surprised they didn’t delete it ages ago!
Rest in peace old thread. All those downvotes will not be forgotten. :grin:

1 Like

Can confirm. I had a specific topic pulled up in a separate tab on Safari, and went back to check it. When the post reloaded, I was redirected to the main page of this forum.

Doesn’t web archieve have the forums as “backup” ?

1 Like

It’s not as if they actually appeared to directly engage with the forced megathreads feedback anyway (or potentially read them). It’s a shame the old forum is gone but understandable. It might be possible to fetch some old threads using the wayback machine (not tested).

EDIT: Guess not.

1 Like

I checked the internet archive, unforunately it does not render the posts on there correctly to where the text is completely missing.

2 Likes

aw thats rip then they are really lost it seems

Oh and lets also not forget this wipes one of the last piece of the Sombra ARG from existence. (Thank goodness I screen recorded this for my YouTube channel last week.)

3 Likes