NOTICE: New Patch Live - Sigma & Role Queue Beta Competitive Season (ALERT: Quick Play Bug)

The new patch is now live! please be prepared that when the patch is installed some delays may be encountered.

Find the full patch notes here:

There is a current issue where Quick Play has role limits enabled. This is not intended. Role Queue Matchmaking for Quick Play will be enabled on September 1st:

Orginal post below

Hello everyone,

As I anticipated, Season 17 has officially ended. Competitive play on the live servers is locked at this time until the new patch goes live. Continue to follow @PlayOverwatch on Twitter for updates!

I anticipate that patch 1.39 (which includes the start of the Role Queue Beta competitive 2-week season) will go live at 11:00 AM PDT (which is in two hours from the time of this post).

Cheers everyone and I will see all of you on the other side! Share with me how excited you are for the upcoming patch!

28 Likes

The revival of overwatch is upon us

21 Likes

it has begun! the time of prophecy is now!

13 Likes

does anyone know the estimated time for the patch to start downloading?

I just updated my post.

3 Likes

I’ve been having a bunch of background downloads so hopefully not too much.

When is the patch?!?!

FINALLY 2-2-2 is here

4 Likes

I updated my post with the predicted time.

2 Likes

Emphasis on “predicted.” Blizzard is late with patches sometimes, don’t get your hopes too far up.

Yes indeed on that. However most patches are around that time on a Tuesday.

2 Likes

And so it begins…

10 Likes

Just as a heads up I will be going AFK for about an hour. If I get any updates to if anything changes, I will likely post it here. Cheers everyone!

2 Likes

Thats OW in the nut shell.

Devs cant even be bothered to come to the forums and in 5 words tell everyone whats going on and where is the patch.

Did you not read the OP?

INSERT “It’s happening.gif”

press F to pay respects to 5dps and goat comps

Hopefully if they launch at the usual time, we have less than 1 hour to go!!

So, if I do my placements in 2-2-2 during this beta period, my SR is safe (not that it was great to begin with).

After the two week beta period will I have to do placements again?