Nothing for Reinhardt, huh?

Cool. That’s not the point I was addeessing. You specifically asked why that thread was brought up. I point out it’s because you made a false claim and even used your own quotes to support that.

Whether that thread has merit or not is not what I was addressing.

And you seem to have missed the point as to why the question was asked. It’s strange because I seem to be constantly repeating it.

A single highly liked thread back in January means absolutely nothing. Show that a decent portion of the community on the forums has been asking for Rein buffs from Jan to now. You can’t because he hasn’t been the priority of the community. It’s been Dva, mercy, Scatter,Deflect, Mei, Sombra, Doom bugs, etc. Rein topics have only come up in force since Brig has been dumping on him.

Actually every few weeks a Reinhardt buff thread pops up.

However since there is no controversial topic, as everyone agrees he needs something, the threads wind up getting submerged under the tidal wave of people complaining about the flavor of the month/patch.

Realistically the only way to keep an issue up to get viewed is to get people trolling the discussion so that it stays up due to constant regular bumping.

This is also why all the other buff threads have to be regularly bumped despite sinking the same day they get bumped.

When people agree something needs buffs they do not have much to say after already dropping their ideas.

3 Likes

And revert Mercy threads show up every 10 minutes or so.

Curious on an actual opinion here from you instead of just fighting the OP.

Do you have anything constructive to say other than refer to megathreads about other characters?

2 Likes

And this is the response they get for those mercy threads.

1 Like

Just to tell op what I already told him. ^

This continued discussion is just in reply to what you’ve all written to me.

The larger the character community is, the more they do not like what happened leading to them being more active, and the more controversial the topic is the easier it is to keep up.

Which is why Blizzard employs garbage bin megathreads every time they do major controversial changes that involve popular characters. Since they know the community is going to be epicly upset about it they can stuff the discussion on it into one spot to try to wait it out. Wait for the character community to struggle itself tired like a fish on a fishing line so they can then try to reel it in with placebo fixes.

1 Like

Because you sat it means nothing? Your “point” isn’t really much of a point. To address it however as others have, there have been numerous threads for quite awhile now asking for Rein to either be looked at or buffed. When you asked for evidence to support that claim, someone brought it and you have decided it is not sufficient evidence without backing that claim up. You have made that assertion but have provided nothing to support it.

You want to make a compelling argument? Then explain to people why your contradictory posts make sense. Explain why that thread isn’t sufficient evidence. Personally, I appreciate threads with lots of upvotes more than several small threads that clutter the forums.

I only personally want to look at smaller changes to Rein. I’m consistently conservative when it comes to buffing or nerfing characters, and I do not think blizz does or should balance around people needing to “wait their turn” as you put it.

2 Likes

We got Fernando over in Pallys…just sayin’… :wink:

1 Like

Maybe I’ll have to make the switch. I’ve actually played the game before and enjoyed it. I just quit when it when pay to win. I hear that was removed though.

1 Like

It was the same in season 3 with Ana and the tank meta. A balanced character will shine in meta they fit. How that meta arrived is irrelevant. Season 3 was due to Ana and season 10 is due to Brig. He does need bug fixes tho

One day, Reinhardt will be looked at… cough cough Jeff please look at this thread and let us know if rein is being looked at

3 Likes

Can we just please just say Reinhardt players? Zarya’s showing up to be the strongest in the game she’s ever been, and Orisa is doing fine.

Zarya is not a main tank.

Orisa is doing fine but getting left in the dust by deathball as she should be.

That’s because main tank is a meaningless classification. Reinhardt and Orisa exist as barrier tanks. Zarya can turn any melee character (Brig, and Reinhardt) into stronger front lines than anyone in the game.

Not really meaningless at all.

The 3 tanks included as main tanks are - winston, rein and orisa.

The rest of them are off-tanks that help enable main tanks/other things or do various other things like hog.

6 Likes

Winston is a dive tank, which is just another meaningless classification. You can slap whatever labels you want onto things, it doesn’t change how things play. I’ll go ahead and continue to decimate games playing with a Zarya enabling Brig and other heroes from this stun/burst meta.

Haven’t you seen rein pickrates after Brig was introduced to comp, he is obviously op and needs huge nerfs Kappa

What’s sad is that I honestly don’t think rein needs something huge to make him enjoyable again. A good passive and increased shield generation would do wonders. I loved playing him when I got the game in season 5 but after getting bullied by everything I realized I would rather play a hero where I have control over the WASD keys.

2 Likes

What do you think is the main tank in dive?

Winston.

3 Likes