🛰 Not Muda Special: Is Sym the Best Shield Breaker?

Bastion is the best shield breaker but he needs a shield ironically to work at all.

1 Like

“Turrets aren’t being included in her damage! They delete you in 2 seconds! Use your turrets on shields!”

I have come to the conclusion that people who use 3.0’s turrets as a reason as to why she’s so much better now (she’s not; the imposter is worse) is that they know she actually sucks but they have a vested interest in keeping Symmetra in a bad place (and of course, they’re probably secretly cowards about her lasso of truth and probably never “learned to aim” at 2.0 even with her extremely forgiving kill conditions.)

Because honestly, do you hear yourselves? You’re literally praising automated (nasally voice/) “low skill” damage! 2.0 never had this problem because you used them as alarms, distractions, and ult charge syphons while you did the work yourself. Also does it really need addressing that wasting such a long cool down on a shield is wasteful and useless?

1 Like

Also, forgot to say

Symmetra will never be a good barrier buster as long as Bastion and junkrat exist,

They are the barrier busting pros

2 Likes

In high silver enemies always fall to a car wash in Numbani and Junkertown.
For Barrier busting not even the ammo reloading and level changing can help because Primary has short range and secondary is just off.

I could accept if the old piercing secondary makes a return. It could help destroy a Pirate Ship.

2 Likes

this is super awkward

I’m glad someone took the time to do this. And this is just flat time. Not account for mobility and distance other heroes habe advantages with over symm x​:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

It’s okay guys! She can teleport a Bastion around! She’s fine!

2 Likes

I’ve come to accept that her damage is garbage, even with three turrets on the same target (but who honestly does that with how long they take to recharge).

Would you rather do 221 damage in 1.67 seconds at 100% accuracy before the beam hits level 2, or 210 bodyshot damage from Mccree in 1.5, able to do up to 420 from headshots.

Would you rather a 20 m/s projectile (slowest projectile in the game next to Orisa halt and Moira orbs) doing 120 damage that takes a second to charge and has only a 2m splash range or a dynamite that can be exploded almost instantly for 175 damage?

For barrier destroying make her beam do 25-50% more damage on barriers. heck, her damage should be 80/160/240 just to be even with the hitscans. It also wouldn’t hurt giving her piercing orbs again, just have them end after hitting the first enemy. Can’t even use the splash part of the orbs because of the bad range.

3 Likes

Being someone taxi is not fine.

This is just like it was in the beta with Genji and Zen.

1 Like

Teleport should probably grant you ult charge, whenever teammate uses it.

1 Like

…No… I think Teleporter and other stuff needs another rework.

Already given my suggestions.

And I haven’t heard anything better yet.

Seriously… think about all the Sym discussions I have had.

Even without rework, this small change would connect teleport to rest of the kit.
Turrets charge your ult, your primary and secondary attacks do the same, but teleport doesn’t grant you anything.

Would be even better, if all kills made by teleported teammate shortly after teleport count as kill assists for Symmetra.

I know she isn’t the best shield breaker but at least she does it better than some.

My suggestions are here: 🧞‍♀ 344 Days Since The Start of this post about Sym (4/10/18)(3/20/19)

edit: DomPalto… your forgetting about the range factor.

Mei is stronger in defense then Bastion.

She is the best uber driver in the bunker comp

Who? Because I’m certain the developers have never explicitly stated that. This is just like how you guys keep twisting Jeff saying “we don’t know if she’s balanced or not” into “we don’t like the spot she is in.”

You’re twisting words to try to suit your point that Sym is bad when she is not. Nobody said she was the best at breaking shields. They gave her the barrier eating mechanic and people acted like she would do it effortlessly and simply labeled her as such. I’ve said countless times, she wasn’t given that to be a shield breaker. She was given that because most Syms already couldn’t reliably charge on the majority of squishies without getting obliterated and barriers were her only reliable source of charge.

1 Like

And how barrier-charging is supposed to fix that? Barriers usually have someone using them for protection, and that “someone” certainly won’t be just staring at Symmetra charging up her weapon on barrier.

More often than not, a barrier is going to clip through something or there will be some angle in which you can reach it from. Sometimes you even go completely uncontested because Orisa or w/e doesn’t realize you’re on the other side of a wall burning her shield. You only need like a pixel of that barrier to target it.

1 Like

Original 3.0 rework notes: “The goal of these changes is to move Symmetra to her new damage role and make her more flexible and viable across more areas of the game than she was previously. Now that Symmetra is no longer a support hero, she is expected to be able to dish out heavy damage, and these changes allow for her to do so. She should be more powerful and interesting in more team compositions and maps, and she should also be stronger on offense and defense.”

Would you say Sym is actually able to dish out heavy damage at higher levels currently?