Not looking forward to grinding down

I stopped playing with my main account because:

1. Queues for matches took too long (sometimes longer than the match itself if I wanted to dps or support).
  2. People were over the top serious and would legit almost cry over the mic if one player didnt time the flank appropriately and assumed they were throwing- occasionally these tantrum players would then throw as a way to get back.
  3. Could not play with real life friends. In the early seasons I would derank to play with my friends until I created this alt account thanks to a OW being on sale.

I could go on about how annoying the ranking system is and how bad it gets after masters but thats not the point. The point is I finally averaged out this alt account to about 2450 and Iā€™ve enjoyed it here.

1. Players at this level have a few mains they are good with.
  2. Mechanical wise, most players aim and play as good as the master rank players.
  3. Players take it serious, but dont cry about it and are overall more positive.
  4. Queue times are always under 5 minutes.
  5. I can play matches with my real life friends. Saturday is for the boys + beers!

So since my phone number is associated to my main account and MMR history is carried over, how can I play serious and fun competitive matches with my friends again? :face_with_monocle:

edit: updated my solo SR (2450), I previously listed my friend group SR (2150).

Quickplay.

Because you shouldnā€™t be in comp grouped up with wildly different SRs.

2 Likes

Stop smurfing and play quick play.

Considering Overwatch is sold as a competitive shooter, quickplay is not fun. Players dont take it seriously, players are running around while listening to music, afk, learning new heroes, and the players are entirely inconsistent.

The irony is Iā€™ve never thrown on this account and itā€™s naturally ranked me lower as I only play this account with my buddies.

Yeah, they are doing things like grouping up with people wildly outside of their SR rangeā€¦

JUST like you want to. You are ALSO not wanting to take competitive seriously.

1 Like

if you havenā€™t played on your main in quite some time then you should derank pretty quickly

donā€™t know what that timeframe is but the old system already added uncertainty based on time since playing (glicko inspired) and they confirmed inactive accounts are gonna have even more added for ow2

donā€™t go super tryhard for a while and you should be ok

1 Like

quite an assumption saying I dont take competitive seriously.

I created the alt account so I wouldnt ruin other players time deranking/throwing with my main account. this account is only played with my friends and has about a 50/50 competitive win ratio.

You are wanting to play with teamed up with people wildly outside your SR for ā€œfunā€

I could go on pointing hypocrisy in your post and you could make up 200 more reasons why you are actually right, but Iā€™m just gonna say that you will get no sympathy from people that actually care about competitive.

2 Likes

Hopefully its decayed but my concern is the MMR history that was carried over. After like 25 seasons, it kind of just settles you into a spot.

Having a 6 pack of beers in a 4 hour session doesnt affect gameplay.

OP needs to be banned immediately.

nah bro this is not true

Iā€™ve played in gold games, coached and watched gold players, their mechanics are not good. This is cope

Unless youā€™re referring to coaching support players to be DPS players, then I disagree with you. Around high gold is when players begin understanding the core gameplay and settle on a main character effectively.

This is off topic a little bit but I coached for plat ā†’ diamond players. Most of my cases at this level had relied on a single main hero for too long (one trick pony) and couldnt handle when the opposing team swapped to counter. Otherwise most of my customers had a difficult time coordinating with their team (again because they didnt have a in-depth experience of the other heroes). I made them practice with mystery heroes lol

Iā€™ve coached players on every role, because I fundamentally understand each role. Gold players lack fundamental macro-level understanding of the game, and lack understanding of many micro things (such as proper positioning, good mechanics, and ability usage)

Saying they have an understanding of that is disingenuous at best, and borderline misleading at worst and will harm any coaching you give these players if you tell them they already play well. If they played well, they wouldnā€™t be an average/below average rank such as gold.

In those ranks swapping to counter is not necessary. Especially if we are talking ladder coaching. You can make any hero work by playstyle until GM. Once GM that is only when those type of things matter. Again disingenuous to say otherwise. Sure it may help, but that is not why those players are being held back. Playstyle comes first. You have likely not genuinely improved the gameplay of those youā€™ve coached if thatā€™s the advice that you peddle to them.

1 Like

Timing with abilities and positioning with your team changes based on the other teamā€™s level. Example: Holding a choke or playing back on point. Youā€™ll see in lower SR matches that players gather around a chokepoint, while higher SR match players are further back, grouped up, and keeping an eye on both the choke and the capture point.

I coached my players to read the situation and look at the whole picture, this is a team game. You saying you could make any hero playstyle work until GM definitely puts more strain on the team and makes it more stressful. Those widows refusing to switch when the other team had rein, winston, and orissa were awful one sided matches. Low diamond is when players commonly flexā€™d to hard counter.

Most of the players I coached had decent enough aim and FPS mechanics to take them to masters, it was the team hero shooter element that was foreign to them. The few that couldnt aim, it was simple to provide practice and methods to be consistent between shooter games. I had great results coaching in CS, TF2, and OW.

dude what is high sr to you because no one plays like this in any GM lobby Iā€™ve been in lmao

1 Like

Youā€™re complaining about anti-smurf measures hurting your smurf account.

Lol. Lmao, even

Lol thats cause you never played in one. Maybe youā€™re thinking when you watch youtube clips? Saying a personal playstyle will get you through a team shooter in pub matches demonstrates you havent contributed to any high end team shooter games. Give your team mates a shoulder rub next time you play.

This and the long queues hit home. It was aggravating spending 10 minutes in queue to get stuck with a selfish player like those streamers doing the ā€œtorb to top 500ā€.

Maybe with free to play, the influx of new players will redefine what silver & gold skills are and your friends will naturally rank higher?

LMAO bro what :sob: you had all this time you could just have looked at my profile

I also scrim 4.4k soā€¦

1 Like