Not getting top500 rank after 50 wins in open Q

I just had my 51st win in open Q this season, but I did not get a top500 rank and it only shows that I am GM 1. I have SMS authenticated.

I did encounter the “Apply update” bug where I got kicked out of the game once and got the leaver penalty (around my 40th win). Does this mean my 50-wins counter was reset to 0 and now I have to grind another 40+ games to get my top500 rank??..

This is not fair - GM Queues take 10-30 min just to get a game and I got kicked from the game and the penalty through no fault of my own - it’s Blizzard’s bug in the game.

2 Likes

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Not Appearing On Leaderboards (Season 4). Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Regarding your issue, it’s also important to note that games with leavers do not count towards the 50 win total and that only games played after your account were SMS protected and Blizzard Authenticator protected count towards the total. I haven’t heard anyone discuss a possible reset of their win requirement due to a leaver penalty, but I may be wrong. Here’s a recent thread about your missing Top 500 leaderboard placement issue if you would like to read more about other potential solutions: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs - #301 by DoorlessCal-2345.