Not appearing on Competitive leaderboards

I’ve just completed my 50 games of Competitive Open Queue Season 2, and since I am at 4026 SR I should appear on the Top 500 leaderboards (EU PS4) and subsequently receive my rewards for doing so once the season ends.

However I do not appear on the T500 leaderboards at all. I have always used this Bnet account and it has always been attached to the same PSN (MrFudge).

I never had any problems with appearing on leaderboards from 2016-2019, however during the Competitive CTF Season 3 that took place in January of this year I also did not register on the leaderboards despite being 4200+ SR and having 70 games played.

I made a similar support topic about that issue at the time, but never received a proper response or any help.

This issue seemingly fixed itself when I ranked on the Competitive Open Queue Season 1 leaderboards just a few weeks ago.

However now I am once again facing an issue that I can quite literally do nothing about. I don’t want to be robbed of my hard earned rewards (and time) again, so please could somebody help me out.

Thanks.

Some other requirements:

• Must not receive any Competitive suspensions (left a game) in the last fifty games
  • Leaderboards are based on hidden MMR and not necessarily the displayed skill rating. If SR is inflated by the hidden MMR, a player may not be listed as top 500 even if they surpass other players’ skill ratings.
  • Combined roles leaderboard uses an entirely separate hidden MMR from that of individual MMRs.

I don’t work at Blizzard, but I do know that they will not alter where you appear in the leaderboards.

1. I haven’t received any Competitive suspensions in the 50 games I’ve played

2. Considering 4026 SR would place me at #8 on the leaderboard, with #500 being at 3171 SR, there’s no way it because of hidden MMR

3. Since it’s Competitive Open Queue there is no combined leaderboard. It’s just one leaderboard for everybody

I appreciate the response. This is such an irritating issue. Do you know of any way to contact a Blizzard support employee directly? I don’t want to lose all of my rewards again with zero Blizz responses to my forum posts

EDIT: I will also add that the last time this happened, I found others on here/Twitter that had the same issue. They told me that they fixed it by just playing more games. (52 and 56 iirc). However I played 70, 20 games over the threshold, and it never worked. So that’s no solution.

I’m also as certain as I can be without having actual evidence that the leaderboards did not count a number of games towards my ‘games played’ tally.

4-5 times I would go in thinking “ok I need to play X more games,” then once a match was complete I would still need to play X amount of games. The instance that makes me very confident in this being real is that I was certain that I was at 49 games played and then after completion of a match I was still at 49 games played.

If this is a real issue then that could very well be linked to the issue of not appearing on the leaderboards. But there’s no way for me to solve it myself since A. I’ve played the 50 minimum, B. If I’m correct I’ve actually played 54-5 games, and C. Last time I played 70 games and still didn’t appear.

They have a ticket system, but their Customer Support staff doesn’t offer any assistance with SR or leaderboard issues.

Are the Customer Support staff the ones that would be responding to my ticket system? Sorry I don’t know very much about Blizz support.

Or are you effectively telling me that there’s nothing that can be done?

Oh and in case you missed my edit to my last response, it might be of value.

Thanks.

Yes, they are the same ones that answer your ticket.

The best option is to post in #bug-report where developers/QA can see the issue.

And now I see you did that :slight_smile:

I hope you find a resolution to this.

Yep, good timing haha.

Thanks for your help, idk why you’re such a good samaritan but I appreciate it. And of course I hope for a (positive) resolution too :grimacing:

I don’t always have the best news to share with players, but I’m glad you see me that way. :dancer:

Well it’s true.

Btw what’s the course of action if my post on Bug Report doesn’t receive a Blizz response? Is it worth/am I allowed to repost after a while?

Most posts in Bug Report will not receive a response, and duplicate posts are against the forum code of conduct. They have more info about their process in the pinned thread in that forum:

Huh, probably screwed then.

What about if new information comes to light that I can update my post with? If I merely edit the original post to include the info, it’s possible that the devs never see it because they’ve already checked the post and don’t know it has been updated.

To be specific, over the next 5 days I’m planning on playing some normal Competitive for the first time since Season 13, and so I should be able to see if I appear on those leaderboards. I also intend to play a few more games of Open Queue to see if that changes anything, and that too will be of interest to the case no matter the outcome.

So can I ‘repost’ if it contains new, potentially valuable information so as to make sure the devs actually see it?

I think that’s reasonable.

Hey, I played 25 normal Comp games and appear on that leaderboard just fine. I also played 2 more Open Q games and still do not appear, and so I will be making a further post in bug report.

2 quick queries:

1. Sometimes I will get put onto NA servers despite being EU. Is it possible that NA games do not count towards the EU leaderboard tally? Although this happens in normal Comp too and yet I appeared on those leaderboards immediately.

2. You said that receiving a suspension from leaving a game blocks you from the leaderboards for 50 games. I never received any suspension, but I did leave 1-2 games after another teammate had already left (I made sure to leave after the suspension countdown had finished, so it was perfectly safe). I also had a game cancelled from an immediate leaver. Could either of these affect that?

I do believe all games need to be in the same region. Also, ties don’t count towards wins.

It doesn’t block you for 50 games, I said you can’t receive suspensions during your 50 games to qualify. I don’t have any other info on this requirement.

I have no idea how this is treated.

Reddit may have more info. I’m afraid I’m tapped out on this topic.