Not able to rejoin competitive lobby

after disconnecting because of server issues (i assume, it’s not easy to tell if the DC is from my end or the server’s end, but i believe my internet is good and i don’t often disconnect) i got back into overwatch and could not rejoin the match. what’s weird is that i could still see the in-game chat of the match i disconnected from, i just couldn’t get back in the game. when the match ended, i got the green “server found” box at the top of the screen, then it disappeared. i was given a full leaver’s penalty the moment i opened overwatch again.

please fix this! as a new player trying to climb this is very disparaging, especially since i never leave matches voluntarily and in the specific game this happened on, i was just about to win!

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. Here’s a link to my post in case you’d like to read more about this issue: Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I’ve compiled a list of posts regarding similar bugs under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban. Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.