Not a fan of not being able to post links

Can’t even link youtube videos that are overwatch related. Can’t post images that are overwatch related. Can’t post image links of fan skins, anything.

I was pretty active on the old forums and never misused that feature. Doesn’t this seem a little punishing for old posters?

I’m not asking for the links to be clickable, but to not be able to post them at all seems a little punishing for old forum users, no?

I can’t post content related to pre-rework symmetra on the symmetra megathread just because my post history didn’t transfer over. I never trolled or anything. Kind of bums me out I can’t get the same freedom as before.

9 Likes

Yeah, i dont like that they removed stuff and then made un unlocleable

As annoying as it is, there is a bit of a bright side to it. Keeps people from creating a thread about a topic then include nothing but a link to some guy rambling on about who knows what waiting for them to get to said topic. Kinda forces people to actually include the information in their posts.

You have to earn the ability to post links, YouTube vids, images, gifs etc. If you gain enough “trust” you get the ability to post those things.

1 Like

forums(.)blizzard(.)com/en/overwatch/t/not-a-fan-of-not-being-able-to-post-links/1888/3

oh look, a link

The problem is it makes bug reporting all the more difficult because you won’t be able to post links/gifs of the bugs, which are important information to help identify the bugs

1 Like

I believe you can post links as code?

https://www.google.com/

Still frustrating, but at least it’s better than putting the dot in parenthesis and so you can post links for bugs and stuff.

1 Like

Posting links is just something you have to earn.

Aww, man. I had something special planned for when Season 8 ends, but now I can’t do it since we can’t post links, apparently.

Feelsbadman

hey, how do you write, as ‘‘code’’ ? o:

There’s a little </> symbol when you’re typing a reply, on the top bar where you can choose bold or italics and stuff. Just highlight the “code”, press </>, and voila!

Or, alternately, put backticks (`) around your text.

1 Like

Possibly a relevant link: