šŸ¤øā€ā™€ļø Non-skin cosmetics suggestions

What victory poses, voice lines, emotes, potgs, and spray you would like to be added to the game?

Leave your suggestions, and even if you canā€™t post pictures, post the link and Iā€™ll post it for you.

2 years ago I made a post about a victory pose that Pharah had that was never put in the game. Through that topic and, another one I did last year, a discussion started about other victory poses that people wanted in the game.

Iā€™m making this topic now to make my own suggestions and see what other people want. Maybe a developer could see this and put your suggestion in the game.

Most of my suggestions are victory poses because of those topics I made in the past:

In the 2018 Lunar New Year Pharah has a victory pose that still isnā€™t the game:

Another cool one could be this pose they used for her figma:

Victory pose for Pharah or Ana:
Imgur

There are also some unused voice lines that could be nice additions.

ā€œIā€™ve earned this.ā€

ā€œThis air space is closed.ā€

ā€œArea pacified.ā€

ā€œLocked on.ā€

ā€œDid someone called for air support?ā€(It seems like they gave Echo this voice line :unamused:)

ā€œTime to pick up where I left off.ā€ (This seems like a revived voice line and sounds really cool, I donā€™t know why they didnā€™t use it in the game)

ā€œNow this looks interestingā€

ā€œGet ready!ā€ (Sounds like a cool voice line for you to use when you are right about to use your ult)

ā€œThis isnā€™t flying itā€™s falling with style.ā€(They gave her the astronaut skin but didnā€™t add the Buzz Lightyear voice line. Blizz plzā€¦)

Why not give Tracer and/or Pharah this voice line? They both have Top gun references.

For Mercy, some people pointed out that she doesnā€™t have a Rez victory pose, like the one they used for her statue.

This one for her figma is also good:

One suggestion that I have for D.va is the Heero Yui pose from Gundam Wing. Since the Overwatch devs love their anime reference. Why not make one to the anime responsible for popularising Gundam in the west.

This little guy would make a cool spray:
Imgur

I could only end my post by referencing one of the most dedicated topics:

In there, besides the request to make Symmetraā€™s gloves golden they also suggest a victory pose where she displays her Golden gun.

7 Likes

I want a victory pose for hog where heā€™s swinging his hook around like a lasso! Also a potg with him and Junkrat riding their bike!

I also want another Tƶrb highlight that shows off his weapon, victory poses for Tƶrb and Mcree that show their weapons and some stuff that shows off Symmetraā€™s gun to cheer up the Symmetra mains who want it!

9 Likes

I had no idea about this Pharah stuff. I knew she didnā€™t have a highlightbibtro with her gun but that LNY victory pose is new to me.

Also, I really appreciate being tagged. Thank you.

1 Like

Looped Bunny emote for Moira.

I really hope she gets that for this years anniversaryā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, there are a lot of victory poses that are animated now so this could definitely be done.

2 Likes

A victory pose for Mercy with her wings open and glowing.
All her victory poses have her wings shutšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø wish there was one that would show off your cool wing colors, like the Pink skin or Atlantic.

4 Likes

Fans of other characters had their wishes attended by the devs in the past. The least that they could do is acknowledge your post.

The second pic in my original post could be the one to show that.

1 Like

ā€¢ A hero victory pose for Symmetra and Mei that shows their gold gun

ā€¢ More 2 player emotes! You can high five as Roadhog and Junkrat if you time their dance emotes right. I would love to see more of these, maybe with characters who have close relationships to each other like Winston/Tracer, Rein/Brig/Torb, etc

3 Likes

Literally a crying emote for every support because thatā€™s all I do when I log on.

4 Likes

More animated victory poses for sure, I really want one with Soldier doing his push-ups. Ones with Genji and Hanzoā€™s dragons swirling around them (Genji has something like this for his ā€œRIPā€ pose, but Iā€™d like a normal one)

I want Genjiā€™s deflect to feature in a highlight intro too. I had an idea where all the pieces of Pharahā€™s arm come flying to her Iron Man style for an intro, but I donā€™t think they work like that.

Emotes, I want a Yamcha ā€œdeath poseā€ reference for Genji and a hogtie emote for McCree.

Voice lines, I just want them to sound funny when spammed. Pharah is in desperate need of one.

3 Likes

I have a strong need for a highlight intro where Ashe does the famous Annie Oakley Mirror Shot trick.

Also an emote for McCree involving either lighting a cigar or taking a swig from a flask.

Oh and a ā€œhow do you want to do this?ā€ line for McCree and a ā€œLeeroy Jenkins!ā€ line for Reinhardt.

3 Likes

The Gundam Wing idea is poggers dude.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know that Mei also lacks a pose that shows her Golden gun

You get to play the game? Weird, all that I see is the ā€œsearching for gameā€ purple box and a white void.
Jokes aside, crying emotes would be depressing.

Itā€™s one of my favorites victory poses in the game. I use it with the baihu skin so instead of the dragon is the tiger.

The name for the emote would be something like ā€œhumiliating defeatā€.

The ā€œIā€™m on auto-pilotā€ and ā€œIā€™m so scaredā€ are good span ones for Pharah.

I could totally see that working as a highlight intro or emote.

One of owā€™s oldest mysteries is why this isnā€™t in the game already.

With a ā€œMission acceptedā€ and ā€œMission accomplishedā€ to accompany it would be great.

1 Like

I quit comp because I hate people lol. I will never queue for another comp game so long as I shall live.

Anyway I agree but I need more pained support emotes because itā€™s all I feel whenever I queue. :sob:

1 Like

I empathize with wanting to play a character or in your case a class of heroes, that you love, but feel bad about it because they feel underpowered.

But going back to cosmetics, maybe instead of an emote I can see sad sprays working for that.

I canā€™t believe I forgot to suggest these voice lines for Tracer and/or Pharah :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Accessories

For the ā€˜main bodyā€™ skin (or rather, costume / clothing, call it the way you want) and maybe for the weapons too. And by ā€˜accessoriesā€™ for the weapons I do not mean paint jobs; I mean accessories, objects that are attached to them like a chain or something along the lines.

Another accessory example would be capes. Just imagine Sigma with a black cape in a super villain-themed skin; floating around like Black Adam. I wouldnā€™t mind maybe face tattoos. Also, different Color Patterns for non-Default skins. Example: as it is right now the only color variations we have are the ones for the default skins, including the OWL team colors for default skins. So, how about creating more color variations of Purple / Legendary skins too?

Also, specifically for Ana, her Horus and Captain Amari skins should have a younger voice. Iā€™ve always found it very unsettling to hear the default older voiced Ana on that young Ana skin. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one in this boat. Just digitally modify Pharahā€™s voice a bit maybe or something, and apply to those two Ana skins. Ugh. And Iā€™m mentioning this here since itā€™s probably going to be considered a ā€œcosmetic changeā€ā€™ when for me it should be a ā€˜fixā€™.

Now, another change Iā€™d like to see is akin to what is going on with the OWL Teamā€™s respective color patterns. The recolored (or Team-based Colored) effects. So something likeā€¦ sayā€¦ being able to change the color of Meiā€™s Ice Wall to something of our choosing. Or getting a new color out of Echoā€™s energy projectiles, or a new color with Reinhardtā€™s Shield, and so on. However, those changes would be Client-side, for the player only; the other teammates wouldnā€™t see your own effect colors to avoid confusion. So basically throughout a match ALL the other effects youā€™d see (your teammates and the enemy teamā€™s) would be default colors as it is right now; except YOUR own stuff would be recolored so youā€™d know it was from you (again, to avoid ā€˜visual confusionā€™ during action).

Customizing The Main Menu

Something I ALWAYS wanted to see in this game since basically day one of release: being able to customize the Main Menu with several things:

• Choosing the background music (either looping one track, or having our own playlist of OW music).
  • Choosing which Map is shown in the background.
  • Choosing whether or not the camera in the background is fixed or slowing moves in the Map (like a slow on-rails movement that goes from one spawn point to another, for example).
  • Choosing which Hero appears in the foreground of the Main Menu.
  • Choosing a Voice Line for that Hero whenever the Main Menu loads up.
  • Choosing a Skin for the Hero you want to see appear.
  • If available for the Map, choosing a ā€˜themeā€™ for that Map in the background, for example choosing the Winter themed Blizzard World Map variation instead of the default one, or the Halloween themed Hollywood Map instead of the default one.

And, thatā€™s about it for now.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if they would make accessories as cosmetics a thing in Overwatch 1 but I could see it in 2 since theyā€™ve shown interest in season passes as a monetization model.

Color variations of skins that are already in the game is a very good idea.

Changing the color of effects is a thing that I donā€™t think they can implement because I can see that interfering with the gameā€™s performance.

I donā€™t think they can do that, because there is a communication between your hero gallery, and the map that loads in the background, and when you move between menus the camera travels through the map. So for these changes to be implemented they need to remake the menus from the ground up.

Even though you went outside of this topic theme. I think you bring some great ideas. Maybe a new topic about your suggestions could get some attention and other peopleā€™s opinions.

A highlight intro of Doomfist putting the gauntlet on and snapping his finger, as someone gets dusted in the background

1 Like

Actually, Echo does have this voice line. Looks like they just didnā€™t like it on Pharah ://

2 Likes