Nobody wants to play tank anymore

Not true… I have loads of main tank friends i duo with

playing tank and support is like a chore, you HAVE to do it.
there aren’t enough supports and tanks to encourage players to play them…

Playing tanks is really fun, except when your DPS/healers aren’t as good as you. Then it’s just a huge pain in the behind while the space you’re creating is going to waste. Most of the time I’d even prefer to play Rein/Zarya/D.va/Orisa but if I see a diamond Rein main pick a Widowmaker against high masters DPS players I’d just rather pick Sombra and practise harassing backline ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Damn right. Did it for 13 seasons, got nowhere, can’t be bothered now. Don’t wanna play Rein but he’s the only viable pick so screw that.

This this would make things better?

Could end up with:
Widow, Hanzo, Mei, Roadhog, Brig, Zen
But compared to a lot of quickplay games I’ve been in, they would be a huge improvement.

No. Because it’s still Reinhardt or lose.

My problem is I love playing tanks I just dont like playing overwatch at the moment

I noticed the same thing. There are plenty of DPS and usually support players, but tanks are hard to find. I think it’s because the main tanks have very static (non-mobile, not really “playmaking”) gameplay, and are also reliant on having a good team. Honestly, playing Orisa feels more like a chore than a game.

Well I got ideas for that too.

The only reason I don’t want to play tank anymore is because I’ve done it for so long AND am only good with D.Va. Other than that tank just doesn’t vibe with me.

Halt is too broken anyway. I eventually got fed up of that last season.

Buffing her I’m not sure would fundamentally change much anyway.

It’s rare with randoms that people will pick tank unless they have to, but I find that people are sometimes happy to do it as long as it’s for a well-rounded team. For example, I love playing Winston but I can’t do it with a solo healer. I also enjoy Reinhardt, but not if I’m trying to block for two snipers and a Genji who won’t use my shield. It pretty much depends on the rest of my team.

More variety is always nice.

Also I’ve held together some comp games before with 2 offtanks when I picked Mei. Well placed walls can block almost any ultimate.

Role enforcement is needed, throughout the game. And don’t give me this LFG excuse bullcrap.

I used to main D.va so I try not to anymore just so I can get good at something else.

But I really don’t like playing tank anymore because no one wants to play tank anymore. Being the only tank is like having a huge target on your forehead. If you don’t have a couple healers around keeping you going then you’re just focused at every fight and dead in 3 seconds.

Hey Tider, what do you think about that idea I posted above?

Originally I had been thinking using it for Comp games, but do you think it would help Quickplay games?

🌟 [RoleQ] 2Flex-2-2 is the answer

Not exactly reliable either. You get those situations sometimes where the enemy just make a worse comp than you.

Unless this week’s patch is a serious tank balance patch, I’ll say with plenty of confidence that Blizz just don’t give a damn about the state of Tanks. It’s gone on forever, they’ve never even acknowledged how broken and unreliable Orisa is; all we had about her is that Jeff doesn’t like her.

Dive is dead, and they released another dive Tank that’s added nothing to the game; so we’re still getting demands for more tanks.

It’s ridiculous by now.

It would be so easy to fix though.

• Disallow 3x Healer at hero select
  • Brigitte
    • Repairpack only heals for 75.
    • Rally armor sits above shieldhealth.
    • Inspire heals for more, but doesn’t self heal.
    • Brig self heals whenever her shield is up.

I don’t think we need to see more Brig nerfs.

Main tanks these days will rarely use LFG or solo queue. They are more likely increase their friend list and only play tanks with their friends because they know they can rely on their friends.

The only tanks you will see these days that solo queue are mostly flex player.

Heck, I rarely tank when I play AI training, even if we’re losing. I play to fool around. However, once I am playing with with my friends, I have no problem flexing for the role. I left QP long ago, and not because I was losing.