No, Widowmaker isn't balanced

Widow has infinite range. Winston and D.Va don’t. Widow net wins overall if she forces rank cooldowns and is safe.

Winston and D.Va can’t do anything against widow when she uses grapple. Widow can turn around and shoot them or their unprotected teammates.

17 Likes

Yeah, a GREAT Widow can do that, and if she can then more power to her. She deserves the kills.

7 Likes

Uhh no, that isn’t how the game works.

No one can win the game by themselves on McCree or any other hero.

The game shouldn’t be decided by a series of Widowmaker duels.

GM is a rank. People are in it. This is what GM is. A series of widow duels with 5 spectators.

The game is balanced around people who aren’t bad. Widowmaker is OP.

33 Likes

From my perspective, i believe why people claim she’s “OP” is that she’s currently in the meta this season. As for before she wasn’t.

5 Likes

The only hero who relies on aim and feels rewarding in the current meta. If they nerfed her I would probably just quit completely, she is the only reason I occasionally play the game at this point.

6 Likes

You’re right, remove AD spamming and fix her hook shot bugs then let’s see where she’s at.

1 Like

You’re wrong. You said that Widowmaker is undivable and that’s complete BS. Dva destroys her. Even if Widow grapples away Dva’s booster jet cooldown is short enough that she quickly can go after her again. You can argue all you want that Dva taking a one-on-one with Widow isn’t optimal to Dva’s team, but claiming that Widow is undivable is nonsense.

7 Likes

surefour: “Hitscan heroes are going to need to be reworked as more and more heroes that revolve around abilities get released. If you provide a hitscan hero with strong abilities they become oppressive by people with good aim. But when they have weak ones they’re oppressed by everyone else”

i guess hitscans will never be balanced, either on the weak side or on the strong side

1 Like

She was literally picked more than Genji in a Dive meta.

Don’t care, she is OP and needs a nerf. Just because she takes skill doesn’t mean she should be immune to nerfs.

So buff her massively by making everyone else way more predictable, and fix some vague bugs?

I don’t think that’s a nerf.

Widowmaker is undivable. If you try to Dive a widow, she grapples away and starts shooting at you. You only have two seconds of dm, so you can’t just eat all of her shots.

At best, you’re going to get your boosters back 3 seconds before she gets her grapple. Unfortunately, your boosters have travel time and it’s unlikely you’re killing a ~75% hp widow in 1.5 seconds. And by the time widow grapples again, she has absolutely killed you. There is no way for you to wait again.

And if D.Va can be healed, so can widow. Especially considering healing is way more effective on widow by comparison.

And even if you do kill widow, you killed her in her own backline and now Mercy is going to press E.

McCree is fairly balanced, and it’s likely he will be almost perfectly average next patch. Soldier was balanced for a long time, and with the next patch play potentially 20dmg back, he could be perfectly fine.

Overwatch has put ability oriented heroes next to hitscans for its entire history. There isn’t any real reason why they can’t continue to be balanced alongside of them.

9 Likes

There’s basically two ways this can work. One, we can nerf her grapple and she can die literally every time she gets dived upon.

Second, we can leave it as is and you can use an actual dive comp against her instead of expecting your Winston to just jump up there and solo her. You can use two tanks staggering their mobility, you can have one tank push the widow down to a flanker who will devour them, you can do lots of combinations.

Widowmaker is not overpowered just because one lone Winston can’t always jump on top of her and delete her from the battle.

13 Likes

Mcree is far worst then WM. Stun and free head shot kill.

2 Likes

So now we’re opening this up to multiple heroes?

Great, I’ll send my Mercy back there. Your Winston is now useless.

And in the meantime, my Widowmaker just clicked your Zenyatta’s head.

Flashbang is easily counterable. It has a 7m range and a 10 second cooldown. Widowmaker’s restrictions aren’t comparable to that at all.

14 Likes

Now you’re getting it.

Oh okay, let’s buff the DPS hero who is literally winning games and her own and turn this 6v6 games into a widow duel with 10 other people watching to see who wins.

6 Likes

mccree has never been balanced, he was broken on release and later nerfed to become slightly weaker dps compared to everyone else

i don’t remember how soldier was on release but he was later buffed to become to best dps for a while later became a weaker dps on dive and now is almost f tier

these recents buffs are intented to make them stronger because they were already not the best and became even worse than before

1 Like

I applaud your use of rational debate and refraining from using hyperbole to make a point that defeats itself because it’s not factual. We need more valuable input like this to help shape OW into the best it can be.

1 Like

Just wait until Hammond goes live. He will most likely bring dive back and thus,counters to snipers

2 Likes

Citing Overwatch League.
The same league that isnt playing on Demi-God Hanzo patch.

Please. Also, anyone with a brain foresaw Widow strengthening incoming with just the mere threat of a Briggite switch. Dive isnt worth the effort, so high precise burst is required instead even if Brigitte isnt active on the field. Who better to make use of a character like that than, oh, idk, PRO players?

You nerf Widow for them (for no reason because theyre playing an outdated patch to begin with) and she becomes useless for the rest of the games playerbase.

5 Likes

Can you show me these stats? If you don’t mind.

1 Like

He has been slightly undertuned for awhile, but has always been viable. Plus, he just got a significant buff on the PTR, which will likely make him an above average DPS if widow gets nerfed.

Soldier was an average DPS until the current meta. He will likely return to being an average DPS with any nerfs to the current meta and the falloff buffs on the PTR.

I don’t know what you’re talking about here, the only thing really keeping McCree down right now is Hanzo and Widow just being way better.

Oh yes because your point was so very rational. A suggestion with zero reasoning whatsoever.

And while it was hyperbole, Widowmaker is literally deciding games. There is no way to outplay a top level Widowmaker. If the enemy Widowmaker is good, the only way to win is for your own Widowmaker to be even better.

I don’t see how a character with and extremely slow Dive speed (pile driver takes forever) and a 10 second cooldown on his meaningful Damage output will hurt widow at all. All Hammond is useful for is killing tightly packed team comps with cleave and a massive hp pool from his shield ability.

Double sniper is literally the opposite of that. All Hammond will do is probably kill GOATs.

Contenders is on the Hanzo patch, and Widowmaker is being as much of more than Hanzo himself.

SBB’s statement did talk about Stage 4, but it also appeared to refer to scrim in preparation for the playoffs, where it’s virtually guaranteed Widow will dominate in.

Here you go: https://www.winstonslab.com/customquery/pickrates/?onlyLANs=on&dateGreater=2018-03-25&dateSmaller=2018-05-16&event%5B%5D=&specificMatchupTeam1=0&specificMatchupTeam2=0&team%5B%5D=&map%5B%5D=&roundtype%5B%5D=

5 Likes