No trust in matchmaking

Does anyome here just trust that matchmaking will do its job? I just started looking at profiles before matches start and the open ones have players thatve put way more hours into the game than i have. I knkw that isnt a strong indication of skill. However, i only have 100 hours in this game.

QP will match you with the same people and only mix up the teams or replace people who’ve left if you just stay in the matchmaking without cancelling. You notice better players and at some point i realized that one person was matched on the opposite team 3-4 matches in a row. If i focused that person and consistently 1 upped them, my team would win. Solo in QP seems like it’s similiar in comp too because this pattern happens in comp matches as well, especially if you win/lose against that team until a stack loses too much sr to keep up.

These are just my thoughts. Trust matchmaking and i get put in a comfortable spot. Let my sr drop and if it does then whatever. I dont throw either.

1 Like

Most every game I play in is a tough fight win or lose. I don’t have any issues with the way matchmaking works.

And number of hours is not any indication of skill level.

1 Like

The ONLY thing OW matchmaking does with 100% consistency is provide complete and utter stomps. All the best players on one side, all the worst players on the other.

The number of even skill match-ups I’ve seen is statistically zero, across ALL game modes, so the only logical conclusion is this is what the matchmaking was designed to do.

1 Like

Only during peak hours, on console with the dwindling playerbase it can be difficult to find a good game consistently, especially in QP.

The only logical conclusion from your obviously biased experience…

Logic doesn’t cater to 1 persons point of view, that’s called confirmation bias.

1 Like

Quick play has a MMR system to, if you wanna talk about bad match making lol if you have masters or above MMR the queues are like 8 minutes long and usually are 5v5

@Spartem

I have over three years of data proving this point. And I’m by far not the only person who’s observed it. I’m not the one with confirmation bias or biased experience.

It does sometimes seem to throw up teams of absolute morons but it’s generally just 1 or 2 team members that are hopelessly boosted and bring everybody else down.

in general players get better as you go up SR, but you get odd results, such as 3 dps mains that all play non long range hitscan, so get wrecked by 1 enemy Pharah. This happened to me in a high gold game.

Or two support that are utter morons, feed all game, go dpsing and never heal their main tank. This was one of my losses recently.

on the flip side, had a Zarya always high energy that melted everybody and got 70% kill participation.
Also had a game where we had a 3 stack of super aggressive dps that almost managed to beat the enemy by themselves.

Apparently it was Jayne that said 1/3 matches unwinnable, 1/3 matches unloseable and 1/3 matches you can affect the outcome.

Just had a gold on my team where everyone else on my team was 2900-3000 with his duo in the mid 3100s. Everyone else on their team was 2900-3000. In WHAT way is this fair? Why are we automatically at a disadvantage? They capped 5 points in 5 minutes. We got destroyed. Fantastic system

1 Like